Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 12 August 2003 9.33am
Having escaped the ferocious mosquitoes of Milan I thought London would be free of these irritating creatures but apparently not. Last night there were loads. Anyone else bothered by these things?

Tuesday 12 August 2003 11.50am
yes, indeed, I too have noticed quite a few in the recent sultry nights. Buy an aerosol spray to knock them out. Only the females bite, the males have ornate feathery antennae, although I kill them all. Irritating little things they are.
Wednesday 13 August 2003 8.23am
Colin, two of the little bleeders got me last night..I look like I have been attacked by a vampire. I think they were trying to stop me singing on the karaoke at The hole in Wall at the borough...they have an open frontage and I felt them bite, every one thought I was giving a great performance, swinging my arms and legs! where's that spray....

Wednesday 13 August 2003 10.12am
arguably having the most tasty blood known to mosquito, I have given up on killing the little buggers. It all became too much, having these red marks on the wall everywhere (it seems I can only kill them once they've gorged themselves on me, and they are drunk from over-feeding)

I have found that after a couple of agonising days of being bitten, they feel my blood becomes less tasty after having been diluted too much with their own spit. They then leave me alone, and move on.

I can live with them biting my legs and arms, but do get a little frustrated by being buzzed constantly at 3 in the morning.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: