Business meeting & lunch near Waterloo

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 24 May 2007 7.15pm
Can anyone suggest a venue where one could have a meeting from about 11.30am followed by lunch near waterloo? Perhaps a place that has a meeting room that can be hired or an informal restaurant where they wouldnt mind us spreading and having a meeting first.
Thursday 24 May 2007 9.31pm
Thai Silk next to Southwark tube has a meeting room upstairs, and a nice restaurant.
Friday 25 May 2007 8.47am
If it is a nice day, you could go to Somerset House...there are a few communal places there where you could take over a couple of tables and have a meeting indoors or out...then there are 2 restaurants to choose from - either the Terrace, if it's sunny or the Admiralty which is should go and do a reccy...
Friday 25 May 2007 9.07am
Waterloo bar and Kitchen, perhaps, or is the cafe in the Old Vic open at lunch? I would have suggested the open space inside the old Festival Hall, but I don't think you can get in there yet, can you?

...if you press it, they will come.
Friday 25 May 2007 9.50am
The Globe Theatre has rooms for hire (c850+VAT though!) and is a nice place for quiet business lunch
Friday 25 May 2007 9.54am
It all rather depends on how many people will be at the meeting and how formal it is likely to be. For instance, I have had a meeting at the Anchor and Hope, but it was small-scale and pretty laid-back.
Friday 25 May 2007 11.13am
The restaurants around the Royal Festival Hall are good but may be a bit crowded for you. The Festival Cafe used to be perfect for this as you could take a large table and stay for ages. It's now being turned into a Canteen like the one in Smithfields but its not open yet.
Still, if you want to be in Waterloo I'd look at RFH first.
Friday 25 May 2007 5.03pm
Thanks for you help. I was making an enquiry ofr a client of mine. I think the meeting is just for two but they do need to spread out some papers. I shall pass on your suggestions. Many thanks
Friday 25 May 2007 5.30pm
Try the ArchDuke under the railway arches. They have a good, varying menu and have an area where you can just have a drink or a coffee as well
Wednesday 30 May 2007 9.47am
Living Space, community internet cafe, Waterloo Road. wireless, photocopier etc.small meeting room, 10 for an hour and a qiuet cafe where you can spread out papers.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: