Postal Services, yet again

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 25 May 2007 1.00pm
After leaving our flat I decided to have our post redirected to an address of friends in London. I decided this because I thought that having the mail redirected to South Africa would be asking for trouble.

I paid 48 for 6 months and the service was confirmed in a letter to me to my old address and to the new address. Starting date 5 May.

You will not be surprised that NOT ONE letter has been forwarded to the new address, whereas I expect quite a number of letters.

Problem is that the customer service number is a 0845 number that I cannot dial from abroad.

I thought calling Mandela Way- would anyone have the number for me? If anyone else have a suggestion, please let me know.
Friday 25 May 2007 1.12pm
Maurits, the international number is also on the website, but hidden away: +44 175 238 7112

I sympathise with the redirection point. I complained several times about our mail redirection and the problem was finally tracked down to the fact that the "card showing your redirection details on the redirection notice board had fallen off behind a cabinet".

Apparently redirecting mail is still a manual process reliant on the person who sorts the mail, which presumably is why it doesn't work so well!
Friday 25 May 2007 1.39pm
Thanks so much, this is very useful. I wasn't aware of a website about this, I just had the confirmation letter.
Friday 25 May 2007 9.56pm
Belatedly, i forward this to you ...

Our very best wishes and I'll miss bumping into you all over SE1 ... love to you both x
Thursday 19 July 2007 7.30am
Well, I filed a complaint and I was promised that it would not happen again.

Today I received a pile of mail from the tenants: 73 letters sent to my old address whereas about 9 letters have been forwarded.

Apart from the nuisance for my tenants, 48 down the drain.

Hugely annoyed.
TAK
Friday 3 August 2007 2.28pm
I wonder if ayone here could help me....

I've just had a second company call me within three weeks to confirm my postal address as mail has been returned to them as 'undelivered'.
Of course, the address they had was correct....

Any tips what to do about this are highly appreciated.

Thanks!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: