Removal Firms?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 27 May 2007 1.00pm
We are supposedly moving out of SE1 and into SE15 on Friday 8th June.
We've booked a man with a van, but are now beginning to think we need some muscle to get some of our furniture (which won't fit in the lift) down 5 flights of stairs!
Does anyone have a recommendation for a reasonably priced removal firm locally?
Sunday 27 May 2007 3.45pm
You need Graham and Barry at Bigvan.com. They moved me and my boyfriend and all our stuff from se1 to se14 (and storage on the way) then from storage to se4, then finally all the other stuff from se14 to se4. they also moved my brother and his wife from kentish town to se14, and another friend from clapham to godalming. They are kind, funny, skilful and well priced - and retain their sense of humour, even if you have twice as much stuff as you originally told them...
good luck with the move.
fabhat
Tuesday 29 May 2007 10.19am
Sarah,

please call me on 07956 847 809,
or email on gray@bigvan.com

Thanks

GN
Tuesday 29 May 2007 2.16pm
try

www.thehandysquad.com

highly recommended
Wednesday 30 May 2007 10.43am
graham wrote:
Sarah,
please call me on 07956 847 809,
or email on gray@bigvan.com

Thanks

GN

Another recommendation for Graham from me
Wednesday 30 May 2007 1.08pm
Wednesday 30 May 2007 2.12pm
These guys are indeed very good - keen prices, friendly service.
Saturday 9 June 2007 7.42pm
Thanks for the recommendations- we used Bigvan and would recommend them again.
They ended up moving us into storage as our purchase fell through on moving day- I am currently writing this from a hotel on the Embankment, but hopefully we will move into a friend's place in Kennington next week, not a million miles from SE1.
Monday 11 June 2007 6.30pm
On Saturday I met another couple whose move had fallen through ( they are in touch with a TV show - er "Watch something"), is this a trend?
Monday 19 November 2007 3.51pm
Hi,
I used Big Van over the weekend and I have to agree with all that has been said above.
They turned up on time, they had tape and stuff to cover the ends of the sofas so they didn't get dirty. One of the sofas wouldn't go in the lift so they carried it down 6 flights of stairs. All no problem.
I'd recommend them to anyone.
Cheers
Neil
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: