forgotten congestion charge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 13 August 2003 9.23am
Hi there

I have forgotten to pay the charge a couple of times (about five months ago) and never heard anything back. Has anyone else done this? Is there a huge back catalogue of non payers that will eventually get hit with a fine?

Cheers, Ferris.
Wednesday 13 August 2003 1.21pm
They probably never caught you on camera!!! Be interesting to see how many others have got away with it!!!!
Wednesday 13 August 2003 1.48pm
i didn't pay on purpose, until they sorted out the mess with recognising my postcode. They only started sending me fines, when they got that sorted out. I have to appear in court sometime, to argue that they never told me that they started to recognise me.

Wednesday 13 August 2003 4.45pm
yup we forgot one day aswell and have not been sent a fine so far!!!
Wednesday 13 August 2003 6.16pm
I am very envious off everyone who has got away without a fine,I accidentally miised Fridays payment through a mix up with dates when paying monthly and the fine arrived this morning (Wednesday) pretty quick off the mark.
Thursday 14 August 2003 11.46am
I heard a report on TV a few weeks ago that there was a problem with the cameras being unable to read some of the number plates because of glare from the sun. So maybe if you missed it on a sunny day and there have been plenty of theses, you may be lucky and get away with it.
Thursday 14 August 2003 2.17pm
I forgot to pay the congestion charge once and received a 40 fine about 7 days later which I had to pay within 14 days. (Actually the fine was sent to my dad as I was in his car!)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: