Venue Required

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 28 May 2007 3.02pm
I am from Tightrope Productions, a local theatre company. We are doing a promenade production on the Southbak this summer between Borough Market and the Globe about Southwarks Streetwalkers, set in 1730. We are a not-for-profit organisation looking for a venue for a private fundraising party in June, preferably a disused space that we can transform for a Surrealists Ball for approx. 200 people

We can offer EXCELLENT marketing opportunites in return. Please send me a message if you know of anywhere no matter what state we can be creative.

Thanks, Cassie
Monday 28 May 2007 3.57pm
I don't know who you would contact, but some of the railway arches around Bermondsey Street have been used for that sort of thing before.

You could also try the old grammar school building on Tooley Street.

Or maybe you could ask Shunt if you could use their premises.

Hope this helps, and good luck.
Monday 28 May 2007 5.06pm
that's great thank you. Does anyone have a contact for any space under railway arches or the grammer school on tooley st?

Cass
Tuesday 29 May 2007 10.59am
You could contact Southwark Playhouse who are moving into the tunnels in June - www.southwarkplayhouse.co.uk

They might be able to provide you with a good space for your event? Otherwise I'd call Network Rail who I think own all the tunnels.
Tuesday 29 May 2007 11.37am
I believe Spacia are the managing/renting agents for all railway properties. Contact details are:-
Tel: 0800 830 840
Email: enquiries@spacia.co.uk
Address: 1 Eversholt Street, London, NW1 2DN
Wednesday 30 May 2007 11.40am
1 Cathedral St is owned by the Borough Market Trust. It's an old Victorian town hall effectively. We used it for a wedding reception. Contact the Borough Market trustees for info - 020 7407 1002.

You'll probably find the arches a bit cavernous for 200.
Wednesday 30 May 2007 12.51pm
excellent thank you.
Thursday 9 August 2007 10.35pm
I have been trying to find a similar venue, and am having trouble getting contact details for landlords of the various warehouses under the arches near London Bridge. Does anyone know the contact details for spaces down there?
Friday 10 August 2007 8.44am
There's a club called Jacks beneath london bridge station on Crucifix Lane London SE1 3JW tel: 02074038844. It's 'under the arches' and plays host to a lot of psychedelic trance nights, so is pretty underground as venues go. It's got a capacity of 500ish

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network