Fawkham House

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 29 May 2007 3.05pm
I moved to Bermondsey about a year ago, however my Mum was born here in 1956. I know that she was born in flat 11 Fawkham House, Dunton Road Bermondsey SE1. I went to find the location on Saturday and was pleased to find it. However the building looked a bit newer than I expected with a glass facade on the stairwell.

Does anyone know if this is the original Fawkham house, built pre-1956? Or is it a new building post-1956 (and therefore not where my Mum was born).

I look forward to receiving any help you can give me.

Many thanks,

Gemma
Tuesday 29 May 2007 3.27pm
Good luck with your search Gemma. I've got to say it, but are you sure it wasn't called Fawkham Hall?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 29 May 2007 9.33pm
It was definitely house, though on the sign outside the e was missing so it read Fawkham Hous.

Gemma
Monday 3 November 2008 6.34pm
Yes Gemma
It is the original Fawkham house pre-1956,it has
just had a revamp in the last few years.
Mark
Tuesday 4 November 2008 10.05am
Thank you! That's really interesting! Gemma
Tuesday 4 November 2008 10.55am
Ivanhoe, I think you're thinking of Sodham Hall, Lynton Road, or possibly Llareggub, North Wales.
Tuesday 4 November 2008 11.06am
What happened to Letsby Avenue? Or the Rue de Remarques?
Tuesday 4 November 2008 1.54pm
We were listening to the slow black crow black fishing boat bobbing sounds of Llaregyb on the way back from cidering last Sunday, Jon. Also watched the film about D Thomas during the week (the one where neither Sienna Miller nor Keira Knightley take their clothes off, and not a lot else happens either).

Tuesday 4 November 2008 2.55pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Also watched the film about D Thomas during the week (the one where neither Sienna Miller nor Keira Knightley take their clothes off, and not a lot else happens either).
I'm having that delivered from Lovefilm.com in the next few days, not a good film then? Must say though, am rather glad the girl's keep their clothes on, don't want me other half having an eyeful ha-ha!!
Tuesday 4 November 2008 3.38pm
I think it needed you to know more about the factual background than was presented in the film. I spent the first bit getting quite confused about who was or wasn't sleeping with whom.

(And I've just remembered that Ms Knightley gets some of her clothes off. The fact that I've only just remembered it may or may not be a key to how arousing I found it.)

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: