El Vergel, Lant St - Open on Saturdays!

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 31 May 2007 12.05am
Hurrah !
I do enjoy breakfast at El Vergel. Scrambled egg with some salsa, good bread, bacon (or choriso) refried beans in sauce (kidney beans?) and good coffee. I always add the fresh salsa for extra contrast.

I went there on Saturday for the first time. Just as good as ever. South American music, newspapers and brunchy stuff with a latin twist.

I fully recommend it - no association; just a customer for the last couple of years.

churrasco palta - steak, avocado, salsa on Chilean bread is another lunchtime fave ...

Their site shows the normal weekday menu. I think they don't have sandwiches on Sunday but add a few new items.

El Vergel
Thursday 31 May 2007 12.53am
Sounds fab - will definitely give it a try when I get back to SE1.

Why not add a review?

Friday 1 June 2007 7.37am
fantastic news and well overdue!
Friday 1 June 2007 9.42am
I emailed Stella, who's confirmed that they're now opening from 10am-2pm on saturdays in addition to the weekday 8am-3pm hours. Will definately check it out this weekend!
Friday 1 June 2007 1.41pm
Anyone know if it'll be open on Sunday mornings too? The first message post seems to suggest that it does. Glad it's opening on at least one day of the weekend anyhow though. Have only been in during the week a few times (delicious food) but alas now it's a little too far from my office to reach during the week.
Sunday 3 June 2007 6.21pm
It is just Saturday, Higher Watha. I have misled you with my typo above. But I was hungry thinking aboutit.

Or maybe it was just wishful thinking!

Anyway, I hope they do well, get some regular saturday custom and stay open.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: