Do you support the Shard/London Bridge?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 31 May 2007 7.52pm
Have your say in the survey if you do or not, as I may be sending this to Ed Vaizey who believes the tower should be cancelle for impingin on the Tower of London, despite his beloved Swiss re being closer and more overbearing because of it's style of cladding.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=wb3O3MUnvBRGXG2ycDTp1g%3d%3d"Link to survey:)
Thursday 31 May 2007 9.27pm
I have voted yes. It is a world-class piece of architecture in a dynamic (the best?!) part of a world city...it must go ahead. Ed Vaizey should have thought more carefully about what he said...in one breath he managed to condemn all tall buildings without any consideration of their merit (The Shard is great; Potters Field is not).
Thursday 31 May 2007 11.22pm
I love this tower I hope it gets built, one of the best skyscrapers Ive seen. It will be iconic like the gherkin.
Friday 1 June 2007 6.35am
i have voted yes. the shard will be THE london icon and the redevelopment that goes with it wil be great for all of us who live and/or work in se1. london has no choice we have to build skywards as land is such a premium. we dont have the space in this country for low-rise especially with regard to our housing needs. the shard will set the standard for future development
Friday 1 June 2007 7.17am
I think it is beautiful, but not the chosen location.
Friday 1 June 2007 8.57am
I too think it's super. And just because it's glass and translucent I dont think it will spoil the skyline nearly as much as some of the proposed monstrosities.
Friday 1 June 2007 10.03am
Thanks for your replies everyone:)
Friday 1 June 2007 10.20am
Will it be catapault proof?
Friday 1 June 2007 10.56am
Eh?
Friday 1 June 2007 11.35am
blimey did i spell it wrong? catterpolt? boys with sticks. elastic bands..stones..my attempt it was to inject a little bit of humour!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: