Pubs showing Rugby League on Sky

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 15 August 2003 2.35pm
I've just moved back to SE1, and it's great to be back but to make our move complete I would dearly love to find a pub (ideally in the area between Elephant, Borough Market, Bricklayers Arms and Guys) that regularly shows Rugby League Super League matches live on Sky.

It's a beautiful game, and if anyone can suggest a good place then I'd be happy to meet them there, buy them a pint in thanks, and watch a match together. I guarantee that if you're a fan of any kind of live sport, then you'll quickly find that Super League is fantastic entertainment, and possibly the quickest and most physical team sport in the UK.

??but does anyone know where I can get my regular viewing fix??
Friday 15 August 2003 3.19pm
The Scotia on Bermondsey Street might be up for it. Or the St Christophers on Borough High Street
Friday 15 August 2003 3.27pm
Excellent thanks. I should have thought of the St Christophers (assuming it's still frequented by loads of Aussies. RL is very big over there. Thinking about it, I should probably try the Dover Castle as well, for the same reason).

Assuming one of your top tips turns up trumps Dave, do you want to claim your reward and join us to watch a game sometime soon??
Friday 15 August 2003 4.23pm
I have absolutely have no interest in watching, but the Elusive Camel (nee The King of Belgium) on Tooley Street is often jam packed with Kiwis/Aussies on a Saturday morning, all watching men running about on the big screen, and I think that the Kings Head, off Borough High Street shows Sky sports - both places that I would avoid if they were!

Post edited (15 Aug 03 16:24)
Friday 15 August 2003 4.34pm
Thanks Sarah, I really appreciate your help.

Whilst I can understand your not wanting to spend Saturday mornings squashed into strangely named pubs, I really would recommend giving rugby league a go.

It's not just men running about (which, if you observe from a distance far enough away, would probably also fit as a description of life on earth). It's two well-matched teams of very fit, highly trained and skilled men (running about).

I've taken several friends of both sexes (and with very different attitudes to watching sport) to rugby league games. Many of them didn't really know what they were going to go and see, but all of them came out having had a really exciting time.

There's a standing offer (once we've found somewhere nice to go and watch TV games) to you and anyone else out there to come and join my wife and me and have an introduction to the best sport in the country.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: