The Scoop open-air movies

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 5 June 2007 6.58pm
i see the film screenings at the scoop begin tomorrow night. has anyone been before? is it worth going along? Priscilla on June 28 could be fun!
Tuesday 5 June 2007 8.34pm
Its fantastic, especially if its good weather.

There's a really good atmosphere, people actually clap and cheer.

I went to see Alien there last year and everyone cheered when the alien burst out of the guy's stomach!

Get there early, and bring a cushion or a blanket as the stone seats get quite uncomfortable.

I'm going this Thursday, and yes Priscilla should be a laugh, maybe see you there.
Tuesday 5 June 2007 8.44pm
Indeed! It's a great venue but it gets v cold once the sun goes down. I'd recommend a padded cushion to sit on and several blankets! Everytime i went, people came more and more organised

Looking forward to the italian job tomorrow evening!
Tuesday 5 June 2007 8.50pm
Thanks for posting this up Paul - didn't know anything about it and it's about 1 minute walk away!!

This site has a list of events.

I will swing by to see the Italian Job. How are the SE1 crowd going to recognise each other?
Tuesday 5 June 2007 10.18pm
is it ok to bring drink say a bottle or two of wine? maybe some bloody by-laws dont allow it
Wednesday 6 June 2007 12.34am
Also don't forget the open air cinema season at Somerset House which i think is first 2 weeks of August - not free...but worth every penny for the need to take picnics, blankets, jumpers and your own drinks are allowed, so would be rude not to!!
Wednesday 6 June 2007 8.22am
Yes, unless they've changed the rules you can bring your own alcohol and food, but it can be a nightmare running off to the toilets in the middle of the film!
Wednesday 6 June 2007 9.31am
Boss St Bloke wrote:
This site has a list of events.
As, naturally, does this site.

For the benefit of those who don't already receive it, our weekly email newsletter provides a reminder of local free events like this each Monday morning.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 21 June 2007 6.17pm
How early do you need to get there to be confident of getting a reasonable seat?
Thursday 21 June 2007 10.15pm
That depends on the film, the weather and the night of the week. If its a popular film on a warm Friday night, get there early, but sometimes you turn up just as the film starts and get somewhere decent to sit.

You can always bring a picnic and chill out before it starts.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: