Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Thursday 7 June 2007 10.11am
Having moved house I am no longer in the catchment area for Mill St surgery. I think I've got a choice of Grange Road or the Dun Cow surgery. Does anyone have any experience of these - how easy is it to get appointments etc ?
Thursday 7 June 2007 12.21pm
I'm registered at the Bermondsey Health Centre (Grange Rd). They're supposed to be moving to the new Artesian Building over the road but I'm not sure when.

I've only been to the surgery three times (in 8 years). Each time I've seen someone different. I think there are 3 permanent doctors and they do use locums quite a lot so it's pot luck much of the time as to who you see. It always seems busy so you're lucky to get more than a few minutes with a doctor. They don't take appointments so you have to turn up and wait on the day.

It's not great but I guess it's functional.
Thursday 7 June 2007 3.22pm
To see a doctor you can just turn up at the surgery any morning between 9:00 and 10:30 and any evening between 4:00 and 5:30 (except friday afternoon). It works first come first served so the earlier you get there for the morning session the shorter the queue.

Apparently other times in the day are by appointment only but I've always been happy to go first thing in the morning before work

Thursday 7 June 2007 5.45pm
The Grange Road Practice/Bermondsey Health Centre is perfectly ok once you get used to the fact that you can't make appointments (just turn up early). The nurse I met when I joined the practice was delightful and the staff are generally friendly.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: