Southwark Council Housing Transfer Policy

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
markse1 Saturday 9 June 2007 1.39pm
I know this doesn't apply to everyone but Southwark recently changed the policy on housing transfer applications.

There used to be a different system for transfers which took into account an existing tennant wanting to move was not taking up a new place. It was easier if you wanted to move in your own estate/area and you accumulated "points" the longer you waited. All of these things were got rid of in their new "choice based" system.

The new policy treats transfer applicants exactly the same as new housing applicants. You get put in a band and then bid/compete for available flats from their list.

Some people say it has made it harder for people to get a transfer. I wondered what other tenants experience of this was and what everyone thinks about the policy?
graham Wednesday 13 June 2007 11.35pm
The best thing about this scheme is its transparency.
G
Jan the old one Thursday 14 June 2007 7.50am
Why don't they have two different lists? one for tenants transfers and the other for waiting list applicants?

I dont know if all the waiting list are homeless, but years ago if you were truly homeless you would have gone where ever you were offered and not had any choice, or much of one!

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions