Why is there a spider's web on the London Eye?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 10 June 2007 8.44am
Does anyone know why there's a giant spider's web on the London Eye? I don't think it was there yesterday. Is it just promotion for a new Spiderman film or something?

Related news & features

Monday 11 June 2007 7.32am
It might be one of these mysteries we will never get an answer to. A bit like the strange fact that all the trees down the west side of Kennington Road have little plaques with the names of astronauts on them about 10 ft off the ground. The only answer I ever saw about why this was that made any sense was that if they were any lower down people would steal them.
Monday 11 June 2007 1.54pm
It could be something to do with the Fantastic Four movie in which the Eye features and where the cast did their press interviews today.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Monday 11 June 2007 9.55pm
Is that the new Thames water mains?
Tuesday 12 June 2007 9.37am
Went up on the roof and had a look - James is right, it's a cut out of the Silver Surfer on the front of the wheel's usual spokes.
Tuesday 12 June 2007 4.17pm
Cor, they aren't half getting cheeky, them Fantastic Four marketing folks:

Tuesday 12 June 2007 9.28pm
The silver surfer appeared this morning although I thought it was Spiderman at first! Apparently it's all for the premiere which is on tonight - featured on London Tonight apparently, although I didn't see it.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: