Fitness First / Cottons London Bridge

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Tuesday 12 June 2007 9.34am
Has anyone been to this gym? what is it like and, specifically, what are the classes like? Any feedback would be great.
Tuesday 12 June 2007 10.37am
I'm a member and it's quite good

They are going through a major refurb at present, so it's chaotic. It's not that personal in terms of service, but the facilities are pretty good and will be much better once they've finished the refurb.

Pool is great and relatively empty, classes are good, but I only do the blokey things like spinning.

It's relatively cheap for a gym that size (it will be fitness first's flagship gym). Joining this gym gives you access to any gym in the uk (and globally i think)
Tuesday 12 June 2007 5.43pm
check out 37 degrees at more london as well...been a member there for a few months now and loving it
Wednesday 13 June 2007 11.52am
Thanks for the info. I get corporate membership at FF which is why I'm looking to find out about the classes there, I think it's the nearest one to me. SE1 needs a wider selection of gyms, especially in the Waterloo area!
Wednesday 13 June 2007 12.00pm
The big advantage of Fitness First is that you can guest at all their clubs (of the same memebership level) Cottons is Platinum which is more London Brdige is standard

I attend Fitness First London Bridge (lunch times)and Walworth (early evening) it is more spacious
if I travel for work I can use the branch near the hotel
Wednesday 13 June 2007 3.53pm
I don't know what they are like now, but I was a member of Fitness First a couple of years ago and London Bridge was my regular one. It was fine but the main disadvantage - as with most FF gyms - is the lack of a pool, the main reason I eventually went elsewhere.
Jac
Wednesday 13 June 2007 9.09pm
The one at cottons has a pool. I find the club quite friendly and the couple of classes I have tried have been good
Friday 15 June 2007 2.20pm
I use the Walworth one as it is close to my office, on Saturdays I use the London Bridge one... Cottons Platinum is very expensive in comparison to FF London Bridge.

What is 37 Degrees like?
Tuesday 26 June 2007 7.58pm
37 degrees is a very nice club, however, the membership fees are a little pricey for what you get compared to other clubs in the area.
the pool area is quite dark but very relaxing. the sauna smells good, as does the steam room.
the guys on the gym floor are all very approachable, as are most of the other staff.
there are some issues though...
the changing rooms are kept very clean, and the attendants are always kept busy, but there are problems with leaks. these are, i believe, caused by a problem with the original drainage.
there are also a lot of lights out in the whole club. i do know that this is not neglect by the maintenance man, because i have seen him wandering around with ladders and light bulbs, but i'm sure they are cheap fittings that were installed when the club was being built.
i honestly believe that any problems will be sorted out, because a lot of longstanding faults have been rectified in the past few months.
37 degrees is definitely unique - a much friendlier club than fitness first or topnotch for sure.
Saturday 27 November 2010 11.14pm
So how much do you guys pay for this monthly?
I think it's so annoying all those gym make such a big secrecy about prices. I don't have time to visit all the 25 gyms in my neighbourhood and feel like having wasted my time after they tell me 70 or something. It's a price-based decision for me. Everyone can see the photos online.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: