help to find venue for special meal

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 15 January 2002 3.46pm
I am a stranger to this area and need to find a very special place to have a wedding breakfast for 6 people on 2nd March in the afternoon - a place of historic interest maybe - or by the river - or up/down the river being transported on the river in a cruiser .Can you help me please?
Tuesday 15 January 2002 3.50pm
Just to clarify - I think that June is looking for somewhere in the Bankside/Borough Market area if possible.
Thursday 24 January 2002 1.32pm
Hi June,

You could try Bankside Restaurant (http://www.toptable.co.uk/Details.cfm?rcode=A806) they host weddings and the food is quite reasonable. There isn't a river view as the restaurant is actually below ground, but it's very near to the Tate Modern and you could always take a walk afterwards.

If you really want a riverview, then the OXO Tower can't be beaten - although pricey and can be a little pretentious. If you ask nicely though they might reserve a table outside or river view if you tell them it's a wedding breakfast.

Good luck, hope you have a wonderful time!
Iain
Thursday 24 January 2002 4.54pm
Wednesday 30 January 2002 5.56pm
The Globe restaurant has fantastic views of the river, the millennium bridge and St. Paul's cathedral.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: