Smoking ban

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Saturday 16 June 2007 8.53am
Went to the Bunch of Grapes in St Thomas's Street last night for a few after work drinks and was pleasantly surprised to see it had gone smoke free 2 weeks before the england-wide ban on july 1. what a breath of fresh air! a pub you dont leave stinking, no need for the post pub shower etc. and the beer and food was excellent! check it out!!
Saturday 16 June 2007 9.01am
Also, the River Bar is having a complete make over ready for the ban - paint, floor, furniture - the works.

My local, the Pommelers Rest, went smoke free a over a year ago - business is booming in there.

Like you Paul, can't wait for the 1st!
Monday 18 June 2007 2.38pm
Also can't wait for the ban - of the pubs i've been in that have already banned it though, the underiding smell of chip fat/beer and god knows what else is rather unpleasant. Suprising what smoke was masking!
Monday 18 June 2007 3.56pm
I can't wait for it either. I'm sick to death of evangelical non-smokers nattering on and on and on and on and...

...if you press it, they will come.
Monday 18 June 2007 4.09pm
here here Ivanhoe
Monday 18 June 2007 8.49pm
just a nice recommendation for a pleasant boozer ... no offence intended lads!
Tuesday 19 June 2007 8.17am
i wonder if anyone has given thought to where people will put their rubbish when the ash trays dissapear?

no where to put your bits of paper, and of course your nicotine gum.
Tuesday 19 June 2007 10.33am
or the empty crisp packets!
Tuesday 19 June 2007 11.13am
I got a letter telling me the Bingo place I've been to was shutting because of the smoking ban. I might have started going a bit more often, it was the smoke that stopped me!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: