Wicked new forum?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 20 August 2003 10.18am
Southwark council have added a discussion forum to their website.
http://www.southwark.gov.uk/SouthwarkDiscussion/Default.aspx

Might be interesting to compare our councillors' reactions on this forum and theirs. As the council forum is fully moderated my guess is that the SE1 forum will continue to prove itself to be the most effective way of getting a response.

By the way - how do you include links on this forum?
Wednesday 20 August 2003 10.22am
Put the address in angle brackets < > and it will be clickable

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Thursday 28 August 2003 9.47am
The council's new forum doesn't appear to want to stimulate any sort of discussion. I submitted a very bland, non-controversial posting on the 20th of August; it was finally approved and added yesterday 27th August! Pathetic.

Was this delay a one off glitch caused by the newness of the site and the bank holiday weekend, or is the site just another example of Southwark Council's ineptness and proclivity to waste money by building something potentially useful, but then rendering it useless by failing to provide adequate resources to maintain it?

Thursday 28 August 2003 10.20am
I see what you mean Mel, I saw more posts by the Administrator than anyone else. Maybe it's too moderated, although I do understand that if they left it open the amount of abuse they would get (legitimate or otherwise) would be mind-boggling.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: