Recommendation for painter/decorator?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Monday 18 June 2007 5.14pm
Does anyone here have a current recommendation for a painter-decorator, please? We're in Bermondsey, just over the border in SE16 (hope this doesn't count as an infringement of forum rules). Thanks!
Wednesday 20 June 2007 7.29pm
Hi there. I have used a company called Rooms Repainted in SE16. They are quick and really did a good job in my flat. Have a look at their website to find out their contact info and stuff.
www.roomsrepainted.bttradespace.com

or call 07896 981 549

hope this helps.

Kelly.
Wednesday 20 June 2007 7.50pm
Would you be the same Kelly Cross who co-owns Rooms Repainted?

You are welcome to mention your own local business on this forum in response to someone's relevant request for info - all we ask is that people are HONEST and UPFRONT about businesses/organisations they write about here - and don't pretend to be a satisfied customer when in fact they own the business.

It just devalues the forum for everyone.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 20 June 2007 9.43pm
Hang on a minute...

I used to co-own Rooms Repainted,however, I have now left. In addition, I had my flat repainted by them two weeks ago.

I would like to make clear to anyone else who reads this post that I am not associated with the company any longer and that I am simply refering their contact details to anyone who would like a Painting and Decorating service in the SE1/SE16 area.

Sorry if this sounds like a rant...

Kelly.
Wednesday 20 June 2007 11.30pm
I have seen a van outside my block of flats with the name "A Woman's Touch" on it. At first I thought it might be some dodgy massage parlour on wheels, but it turns out it is a painters and decorators.

http://www.awomanstouch.org.uk/

I have no idea what they are like as I haven't used them, but the name intrigued me and I will be contacting them for a quote for decorating my flat in the next few weeks.

No connection, etc.
Thursday 21 June 2007 5.04pm
I've nothing against the company -- I know nothing about them -- but it's interesting that the five-star rating they have on their website is based on just 3 user recommendations, none of whom have actually had any work done by the company -- the users just like the website!

Call me cynical, but when these 3 users have IDs like 'sales220' and 'info112' I wonder if they are really members of the public or ...
Sunday 8 July 2007 8.57am
Hi There, I'm new to this site, but I can cetainly recommend a decorator to anyone in SE1. I live on Borough Road and collectively the owners manage the flats we live in. Three years ago I contacted Steve (just picked him out of a paper) and he came and decorated our communal hallway - which we were extremely pleased with, since that time he's come back to paint 5 flats internally and has painted the outside of our block and another (infact he's just finishing off now and you're welcome to come and have a look - it's number 63). He spends a lot of time preparing, before he paints, so the paint actually stay on and lasts. We'll continue to use him in the future. If you want to contact him his number is 07976 898 109 and his name is Steve. Regards, Alan
Monday 9 July 2007 11.55am
I recently got my flat re-painted (& some floor & wall tiling and some awkward woodwork) by Douglas. I can highly recommend him as being very honest to deal with and a perfectionist regarding his work standards. He's based in SE1: tel 07960 174202
Deirdre
Tuesday 1 January 2008 7.36pm
The Lady Miss Jo Jo wrote:
I have seen a van outside my block of flats with the name "A Woman's Touch" on it. At first I thought it might be some dodgy massage parlour on wheels, but it turns out it is a painters and decorators.
http://www.awomanstouch.org.uk/

I have no idea what they are like as I haven't used them, but the name intrigued me and I will be contacting them for a quote for decorating my flat in the next few weeks.

They are dreadful - charge extra days without telling you it will take longer, turn up randomly, do shoddy work then sue you!
Zoe
Tuesday 1 January 2008 9.40pm
What does everyone else do when decorating about having flats that are too small and owning too many possessions?

I want to decorate and put down new flooring, but the though of carrying out my bed and wardrobes makes me feel tired beofre I've even started. I also don't have anywhere to put anything, I'd need to live in my kitchen for the week.

Is there an easy answer to this problem?
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: