goodbye SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
MM
Wednesday 20 August 2003 1.09pm
Hello everyone-

Many of you will no doubt be relieved to know that I am leaving SE1. However, I just thought I better put on the record the following, just in case any of you really thought I meant any of it-

I don't really think the kids of SE1 should be hanged, drawn and quartered. I am sure there are some very nice ones out there.

I've never been to club Wicked and really don't care whether it stays open or closed. The simple fact is that fat, forty-year-old men wearing nothing but a leather thong are to be pitied, nothing more.

I don't think the council are that bad, really. I am sure they are trying their best.

I do think there are some nice bus drivers in London.

However...

I still maintain that the elephant and castle, plus surrounding council estates, are a visual, cultural, and political disgrace that sap local communities of their lifeblood through the oppression of hideous sixties monstrosities. And it is unforgivable that the project to revitalise this area has been so delayed. I really do hope that the regeneration is a success, but suspect that it will be many many years before it happens.

On a more positive note, I really am going to miss all the best bits of SE1, including Bermondsey Kitchen and the Garrisson. I am also going to miss some of the funnier comments on this community board. There are some very funny guys and gals out there who post here regularly, so thank you to one and all for cheering me up with your postings...

Good luck to you all for an even better, brighter SE1 in the future.

Over and out...

;)

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Wednesday 20 August 2003 1.27pm
Where you off to MM?
MM
Wednesday 20 August 2003 2.02pm
I'm moving abroad, to Canada. No job and no home as yet, but it should be fun! And hell, if I don't like it, I could always come back again.
Wednesday 20 August 2003 2.46pm
How exciting for you. Best of luck, once you are settle in can-aid-dire, why not drop by the forum and get your regular fix of all things SE1.

Ciao.
MM
Tuesday 26 August 2003 8.48am
cheers, Tizzy. Definitely will try to keep up with how things are going back in SE1. Its still the best postcode in London.

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Jai
Tuesday 26 August 2003 10.19am
yes, good luck...

Canada is one of my 'hope to end up' places on this planet !

Varkenslachter
Tuesday 26 August 2003 3.00pm
Good luck MM !

I heard Vancouver is a very special place...

And Montreal...
dan
Tuesday 26 August 2003 6.36pm
Have a nice time in Canada.

All the best

Dan
Tuesday 26 August 2003 8.16pm
Farewell

Lang Rabbie
Wednesday 27 August 2003 9.08am
MM,
you can still keep up with all the shenanigins (?)of SE1 vie this site!

I wish you all the best for the future. and if you come back on holiday I would like a bottle of genuine Maple Syrup complete with leaf!

What will you be doing over there? are you having a change of profession as well as abode! will you be wearing a red and black check lumberjack shirt!
best wishes....Janx

jan
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: