Tesco and Co

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4
Tuesday 19 June 2007 7.51am
Hi,

I'd like to know which supermarket is your favorite in SE1 ? Favorite in terms of freshness, clean, products, staff,...
I'm going to Tesco in Surrey Quay but i really find it below average.

Thanks!
Tuesday 19 June 2007 8.04am
Nothing beats Waitrose.....
Tuesday 19 June 2007 8.21am
Waitrose is the one although if you have a car & get down to Greenwich there's a good Sainsburys (and great Chinese supermarket!)
Tuesday 19 June 2007 9.35am
waitrose at thomas more is great and never too busy. queues at a minumum. check out the sainsbury's borough high street thread for an epic discussion on that place
Tuesday 19 June 2007 10.08am
Where's the Chinese supermarket at Greenwich please?

...if you press it, they will come.
Tuesday 19 June 2007 10.57am
Tesco in Surrey Quays is one of the most depressing places on earth. That whole shopping centre seems to have been specifically designed to sap your will to live.

I like the M&S at More London, although it could be bigger. Can't think of any other supermarkets in SE1 that I would go to out of choice.
ADT
Tuesday 19 June 2007 12.28pm
Asda on OKR is good, and much better than either of the Tescos for all of your criteria, plus there never seems to be a queue when I go, unlike the Tescos.
Tuesday 19 June 2007 3.44pm
SE1confidential wrote:
Hi,
I'd like to know which supermarket is your favorite in SE1 ? Favorite in terms of freshness, clean, products, staff,...
I'm going to Tesco in Surrey Quay but i really find it below average.

Thanks!

Minor point but tesco surrey quays is not in SE1 and its not until jonathan K message that the supermarkets mentioned are in SE1
Tuesday 19 June 2007 3.52pm
Ivanhoe wrote:
Where's the Chinese supermarket at Greenwich please?

I've received the following clarification from sarahse1:

Hi there,

Sorry if I have given you the impression it's a chinese supermarket. It isn't. There is however one in the docklands area although I do not know the details.

Waitrose is a supermarket chain with a branch in Thomas More Square just over Towerbridge

Also:

Quote:

Minor point but tesco surrey quays is not in SE1 and its not until jonathan K message that the supermarkets mentioned are in SE1

well spotted ! Actually I live in SE1 (Shad Thames) but iam going "abroad" for shopping ;)
Tuesday 19 June 2007 5.51pm
The major Chinese supermarket I'm aware of at Greenwich is See Woo:

http://www.seewoo.com/x/greenwich.html

Though I have a vague memory that there's another big one not far from there, towards the Blackheath Hill/Westcombe Park end of Greenwich.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 Next
Current: 1 of 4

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: