Everything, including Kitchen Sink for sale...

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 20 August 2003 3.16pm
well, not really.

Actually, I've got a feeling that capitalist ventures of this sort are not permitted on this website. If so, please forgive me James, but I promise this will be the last time I ever do it! Also, I know you promised to put up a separate classifieds site section at some point, but I have to get rid of all of this in the next ten days!

all of this is very much o.n.o. so if you want to make an offer, just email me: jasonpaultrue@yahoo.com with whatever you are prepared to pay. Please also leave a name and telephone number so that I can arrange for you to take the stuff off my hands. I have to have it all shifted within the next 10 days or I can't get on the plane so you really will be doing me a big favour to take it, so just put an offer in even if its loads lower than the asking price. All of it is in mint condition, and all goods are under 3 years old, except the video which is an antique! Buyer collects on everything.

Panasonic CD mini midi system (silver) - 60- NOW SOLD, THANK YOU!
Hoover vacuum cleaner - 59
phone (white) with built-in answerphone - 5: NOW SOLD, THANK YOU!
Morphy Richards breadmaker - 39

General furniture

double mattress - 39
wooden kitchen table and 4 chairs (table top 74 x
120cm) - 55
small wooden storage chest (approx 45 x 45 x 60 cm)- 10
2 office desk lamps (black) - 4 each
large Duracraft table fan - 7

Black and Decker drill (& drill bits) - 12 NOW SOLD, THANKS!

And finally

Ferguson VHS video player - free (this is an ancient, top-loading model, but it does work - suitable for fans of antique electrical equipment only!)

Post edited (27 Aug 03 10:11)

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Wednesday 20 August 2003 8.16pm
I was going to make an offer on the fan but ............

Duracraft Corporation Brass And Platinum Plated Fans
That May Pose A Safety Hazard

PROBLEM: Fans' blades may fracture and fly from the fan grill, possibly striking someone nearby. Additionally, grill clips may not adequately hold fan grills together.

Thursday 21 August 2003 8.33am
You leaving us?

Good luck in where you are going.

How now seen your other thread.

Curiously another fourty something friend is moving to Canada today. Again no flat no job. And she was born and grew up in SE1. Is there something about Canada we dont know.

Post edited (21 Aug 03 08:38)
Tuesday 26 August 2003 9.55am
I have to confess, Sarah, that another factor in making me leave the otherwise excellent SE1, is that I can get a large detached house for the sort of money that might get me a garage lock-up in SE1, if I was lucky.

Don't want to encourage a mass exodus from SE1, but if you bare in mind that 1=CAD$2 you can see the attraction, by following the rather long-winded link below.

Tuesday 26 August 2003 12.37pm
ofcourse the tough thing about this, is actually getting a permit to live and work in Canada...

Tuesday 26 August 2003 12.56pm
Take your point, Jai-

although if anyone really is interested in moving from SE1 to Canada, this Government website talks you through the process, in a reasonably simple fashion:-

-MM- The Nature of Monkey was Irrepressible.
Thursday 28 August 2003 2.23pm
if you haven't had any offers for the bread machine I'll take it from you. I can't afford quite as much as you'd like - but I don't want to rip you off!!

By the way, I have family in Canada and its an amazing place. I am very envious!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: