David Blaine to live in perspex box in Potters Fields

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11
Wednesday 20 August 2003 7.09pm
I wonder why he chose London for this stunt. Surely it would
be far more lucrative to perform it in Las Vegas.
Personally I don't think it will happen, and if it does, it certainly
won't be for 44 days. I bet there's a clause in his contract
which states he gets the full fee from Sky and Channel4 even if
he aborts the attempt.
Mind you, for a million quid I'd be willing to try for 45 days.
Any offers !!!!!!

Charles Simon Thursday 21 August 2003 12.11am
Sorry, if this sounds uncool, but who is David Blaine?

Am I supposed to recognise his name ?

Give me a choice and I would rather see David Beckham live in a perspex box on Potters Fields...

But then you'd never get near for the crowds of groupies..
Tizzy Thursday 21 August 2003 8.48am
Charles, David Blaine started out as a street magician, there were a series of programmes about him on channel 4 a few years back. Now he's into "endurance stunts" - like living in an ice structure etc...

David Blaine seems like a bit of a useless wonder to me. Now a neat trick would be for him to disappear....for good.
Craig Thursday 21 August 2003 8.57am
Personally, I'd rather see David (either Blaine or Beckham) in a perspex box UNDER Potters Fields....
James Hatts Thursday 21 August 2003 9.11am
There was a very funny clip on "It shouldn't happen to a TV presenter" last month of Eamonn Holmes trying to interview David Blaine on GMTV, but he didn't answer any questions - he just sat there staring at Holmes and grunted occasionally.
Tizzy Thursday 21 August 2003 9.47am
James, I saw that interview when it first aired and it was hilarious! Never seen Eamon Holmes so stumped.

Post edited (21 Aug 03 10:51)
dave baker Thursday 21 August 2003 12.17pm
Oh well... there goes the neighbourhood.
jo green Thursday 21 August 2003 9.14pm
if this silly stunt/trick/pointless act actually takes place imagine the crowds and media circus! I already have to run the tourist gauntlet every night to walk home but this will be worse!!!!

oh well, i'll just get a cattle prod and fight my way through!!

(only joking)

Jo.
Charles Simon Friday 22 August 2003 12.56am
I think they should attach the perspex box, with whichever David is inhabiting it, to one of the barges permanently moored in the centre of the river opposite Potters Fields by a long rope so that it floats up and down with the tide...

Any landlubber can do the trick in a dry field that's not moving.

A million quid ?

The world's gone mad.

Instead of sitting in a small see-through box, I suggest he just hires City Hall instead for 44 days, and we all go to squat in there with him for the required period and share the reward too..

If he really is getting this huge amount of money from these two organisations for going through with this nonsense, it points up something vaguely obscene and perverse about the way our society is going, unless of course the aim is all along to give the money to charity.

That's the only outcome that would make me happy.

If it is all being done for personal gain and a desire to get an audience for reality/celebrity tv, I think we should go along with very vocal protests to make the two sponsors feel ashamed at wasting money on trivialities, when there are lots of impoverished good charitable causes in London who could put a million quid to proper use for the benefit of society.

Post edited (22 Aug 03 02:13)
Charles Simon Friday 22 August 2003 2.05am
While he is in the box, they should force him to watch complete re-runs of all the tapes of the 6 weeks of Big Brother 4, to pass the time.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next
Current: 1 of 11

This thread has been closed

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions