Mango Tree

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Thursday 21 June 2007 2.11pm
Has anybody been to the Mango Tree, the new Indian restaurant on Redcross Way where Thames Spice used to be?

There's one glowing review in the Food/Drink section of this site but as it's the only one, I don't trust that the reviewer doesn't own the place!

Any opinions would be welcomed.
Thursday 21 June 2007 11.46pm
am going to try this. the plc that was thr before then was not that good. this one looks sharper. hope food lives up o the decor.
Friday 22 June 2007 12.23am
Hi Lulu. The new one looks very sharp and modern, which usually means expensive, bland, or both! I hope neither.

I never ate at Thames Spice but they provided an invaluable delivery service to my office on Southwark Bridge Road during a period when some of us were often working until stupid o'clock in the evening.
Friday 22 June 2007 8.22am
I've walked past it several times, and each time it has been empty. It strikes me as rather a poor location for a restaurant. Looks fashionable, but I'm reluctant to go somewhere where my g/f and I would be the sole diners.
Friday 22 June 2007 1.32pm
Those wishing to sample Mango Tree may find something to their advantage in next Monday's edition of our weekly email newsletter.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Friday 22 June 2007 4.43pm
I've been twice already and it's been great both times. Much better than the previous place.
Monday 25 June 2007 12.50pm
Hi
Am pleased to hear someone has tried this restaurant.
I walk past it and have wondered. It looks good.
Went to the other one once and was the only person there.
Agree it is out of the way.
I will try it in a week or two and report back.
Sue
Friday 29 June 2007 12.23pm
i went for lunch there on Tuesday, there were only three tables of people in there. having said that, the food was really good, the staff were very polite and didnt bother us considering they looked pretty bored! Would def recommend
Saturday 30 June 2007 12.28am
The food was always good at Thames Spice. Often got takeaways from there and continually suggested they put pictures on their walls to encourage diners. The manager always politely told me they would when they finished decorating, but over a two/three year period I never saw anything ever change there.

Hope the Mango Tree is a success but its location is problematic I fear.
Friday 21 September 2007 9.37pm
I walk past the Mango Tree once a week, and it is always empty.

It looks very nice too. As a previous poster mentioned it has a lot of staff too.

I notice that the tables seem really close together; that seems a mistake to me.

Anyone got a clue why it is not busy still?

Kevin
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: