Lap dancing in Tooley Street - did disaster ensue?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Saturday 23 June 2007 7.39am
Just been browsing the site and was reminded of the furore about the lap dancing club that was due to open opposite Hay's galleria. I assume it has opened and am curious as to whether it has had the dire effects that were predicted? Are local women harassed, children lured into vice and men turned into sex pests?
Saturday 23 June 2007 8.26am
In the end it emerged that they didn't have the permission of their landlord to operate as a lapdancing club, so it opened as a 'piano bar' instead

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/2263

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 23 June 2007 10.46am
Should I confess that I went there?
Two dear friends of mine had a party to celebrate their graduation with family and chums. Among the entertainment was a good old fashioned burlesque dancer. She was absolutely charming, inoffensive, funny and, dare I say, sophisticated.
Saturday 23 June 2007 12.26pm
A friend of mine many years ago placed an advertisment in the local newsagent to sell a piano. She subsequently received many calls asking how much she charged?

It led to a situation where she was having to ask people if they were actually interested in buying a piano and callers, asking whether she did indeed have a piano for sale.
Saturday 23 June 2007 8.49pm
Tolstoy wrote:
A friend of mine many years ago placed an advertisment in the local newsagent to sell a piano. She subsequently received many calls asking how much she charged?
It led to a situation where she was having to ask people if they were actually interested in buying a piano and callers, asking whether she did indeed have a piano for sale.

I wasn't aware that selling a piano was a code for something else. Anyone know where this comes from?

http://takemystuff.co.uk <-- free stuff and get rid of your unwanted stuff
Monday 25 June 2007 9.12am
Maybe it's something to do with tickling the ivories. Or perhaps pianist sounds a bit like another, slightly shorter word.
Monday 25 June 2007 2.46pm
you should feel sorrier for my friend who is an out of work french polisher - genuinely - and cannot advertise her skills due to the above.
Wednesday 5 November 2008 5.41pm
Has The Rembrandt now shut down?

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Wednesday 5 November 2008 6.42pm
Seems like it, wasnt open last week when I was up that way.
Wednesday 5 November 2008 9.06pm
Bloggie wrote:
you should feel sorrier for my friend who is an out of work french polisher - genuinely - and cannot advertise her skills due to the above.

heh heh heh

Reminds me of my first internet user name i used in chat rooms. Was 28 years old and an ambulance man , so chose the user name "ambiman28"

could not figure out why i kept getting sent pictures of mens willys and propositions by email from men ??

then someone kindly pointed out that my user name was being read as Am-bi-man28

never in the history of the internet has a name been changed so quickly .............
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: