Food - Italian (Arancia)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 25 June 2007 1.06pm
Hi
I went to a little Italian Restaurant in Southwark Park Road (SE16 I will admit!) called Arancia on Friday night.
Interestingly the chef is an Irish lady.
Menu is very small (4/5 starters and 4/5 mains) and it was hard to choose, as all looked good to me.
I had home made spinach ravioli and it really was home made (or at least I have never been able to buy ones that big and yummee)- the bloke had Scallops with tomatoes and pastis. I could smell the pastis from my side of the table - but didnt get to taste it as he ate it all. Then I had Cuttlefish in stew which was really tender, and he had slow cooked mutton.
All in all it is very reasonably priced, and we had a nice bottle of wine. THink the total was about 60 for two (very nicely the bloke paid)- we had icecream and sorbet for pudding - icecream was good, sorbet was a bit cold!
We walked from Borough High St, and it is quite do-able.
We will deffo go again.
Sue
Monday 25 June 2007 3.07pm
If you like chocolate, next time try the chocolate semi-freddo for pudding.

It is out of this world, it is always on the menu as I think there may be some kind of riot were they to remove it!
roy
Tuesday 26 June 2007 5.02pm
Have heard good things about this place but I always forget its there. Must try it sometime.
Anyone else been there?
Tuesday 26 June 2007 5.26pm
I went on Saturday and had the scallop and tomato bruschetta and the cuttlefish. My friends had the pollock with samphire as a main. The food is always excellent and it's really reasonable. I was with 3 others - we all had starter, main and desert and with two bottles of wine and service it came to 30 per head. I've been lots of times and have never had a duff meal.
Wednesday 27 June 2007 10.04am
Good for you all. Great taste. But mostly chocolate. I love it much.
Wednesday 27 June 2007 1.52pm
Best foodie secret in South London. Go!
Wednesday 27 June 2007 7.50pm
Another thumbs up for Arancia - good food and a charming atmosphere...
Saturday 30 June 2007 6.56am
I have been there quite a few times and love it. My son and his wife go there very frequently. I always felt it was a bit like being in Italy - had no idea the chef was Irish.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: