DVD rental shop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 27 June 2007 7.36am
I know all about Lovefilm and its ilk, but does anybody know of a bricks and mortar DVD rental store somewhere near Waterloo / Southwark tube stations? I was a member of Southbank video but it seems to have closed down.
Thursday 28 June 2007 9.56am
Video South Bank on Lower Marsh has closed? There's a place on Tower Bridge Road and there's Blockbuster on Walworth Road, but neither is very convenient for you. I get my DVDs from Amazon Rental, and have been pleased with the choice, though of course it's not good if you suddenly fancy seeing a film.
Thursday 28 June 2007 11.25am
Southbank Video on Lower Marsh was really good. It is such a shame it closed. I'm also at a bit of a loss as to where to get last minute videos. I haven't tried Amazon/Lovefilm etc as they seem to require quite a bit of forethought and I usually want to watch a video on the spur of the moment
Friday 29 June 2007 2.43pm
Southbank Video closed *very* suddenly (within the 48 hours that I had a couple of DVDs rented!) A market trader who works nearby told me that they had been raided by the police, and at the same week on the news there was a report of a counterfeit DVD operation being shut down.
Monday 2 July 2007 4.45pm
I live on the Cut and have the same problem since Southbank closed but I did notice walking past the library on Lower Marsh the other day that they do DVD rental so I'm going to sign myself up there, I don't imagine their collection will be huge but it's better than nothing.

Link below

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: