Plastic bag recycling in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Friday 29 June 2007 7.01pm
Hi All

Does anyone know where I can recycle plastic bags in SE1? Is there a recycling bank which accepts plastic bags? Otherwise I'll take them for a charity shop.

Best wishes

London Aye
Friday 29 June 2007 7.20pm
I do my best not to take plastic bags in the first place...they're a menace!
Saturday 30 June 2007 11.16am
If I could make them disappear I would.
Saturday 30 June 2007 1.01pm
There is a large dropoff bank on Concert Hall Approach by Waterloo station where you can take them. I am sure there are others but I don't know where.
Saturday 30 June 2007 3.42pm
What do they do with them? Make more plastic bags?
Saturday 30 June 2007 4.55pm
I have no idea! Possibly. Better to make more from the old ones than more from scratch though.
Sunday 1 July 2007 11.06am
Doesn't the Old Kent Road Tesco have a bin for them in the store or am I imagining that? I know all branches of Waitrose do (though none in SE1).
Monday 2 July 2007 1.05pm
Thanks for the helpful responses, folks. I'll try Tescos and the bank at Waterloo.
Monday 2 July 2007 4.25pm
Good to know about Concert Hall Approach. I made extensive enquiries, some weeks ago, and Southwark Council does not have facilities for disposal or recycling. The only Tesco to have a collection box is Lewisham. Sainsbury's computer said 'no'.

The Charity shop idea is also a good one - but they need to recycle too, before they get swamped.

'Barmy' comes to mind. I use my Bags For Lifes - simple enough.
Monday 2 July 2007 4.41pm
If you get Sainsbury's or (I think) any other supermarket home delivery they offer to take away bags for recycling when they drop off.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: