Plastic bag recycling in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
London Aye Friday 29 June 2007 6.01pm
Hi All

Does anyone know where I can recycle plastic bags in SE1? Is there a recycling bank which accepts plastic bags? Otherwise I'll take them for a charity shop.

Best wishes

London Aye
jackie rokotnitz Friday 29 June 2007 6.20pm
I do my best not to take plastic bags in the first place...they're a menace!
London Aye Saturday 30 June 2007 10.16am
If I could make them disappear I would.
JaneS Saturday 30 June 2007 12.01pm
There is a large dropoff bank on Concert Hall Approach by Waterloo station where you can take them. I am sure there are others but I don't know where.
jackie rokotnitz Saturday 30 June 2007 2.42pm
What do they do with them? Make more plastic bags?
JaneS Saturday 30 June 2007 3.55pm
I have no idea! Possibly. Better to make more from the old ones than more from scratch though.
Zappomatic Sunday 1 July 2007 10.06am
Doesn't the Old Kent Road Tesco have a bin for them in the store or am I imagining that? I know all branches of Waitrose do (though none in SE1).
London Aye Monday 2 July 2007 12.05pm
Thanks for the helpful responses, folks. I'll try Tescos and the bank at Waterloo.
Philpotts24 Monday 2 July 2007 3.25pm
Good to know about Concert Hall Approach. I made extensive enquiries, some weeks ago, and Southwark Council does not have facilities for disposal or recycling. The only Tesco to have a collection box is Lewisham. Sainsbury's computer said 'no'.

The Charity shop idea is also a good one - but they need to recycle too, before they get swamped.

'Barmy' comes to mind. I use my Bags For Lifes - simple enough.
Jemima Monday 2 July 2007 3.41pm
If you get Sainsbury's or (I think) any other supermarket home delivery they offer to take away bags for recycling when they drop off.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions