Sports therapy massage

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
jw
Tuesday 3 July 2007 1.48pm
Does anyone know of anywhere that does good sports therapy massage in SE1?

Thanks
Tuesday 3 July 2007 2.21pm
Dear jw,

While an acupuncturist by trade, I do however have an extensive background in Chinees Medical massage (Tuina). If you're interested please do get in touch. Otherwise I can highly recommend a group of Physiotherapists/sports massage people at Clapham North tube (hope that's not too far away). You can check them out at www.balancephysio.com.

Best Wishes,

Glenn Cumiskey
m. 07967 054 246
t. 020 7357 7517
e. gcumiskey@yahoo.co.uk
jw
Tuesday 3 July 2007 4.54pm
Hi Glenn, thanks for that. I am really looking for a sports therapy massage at the moment.

However, am always interested in new therapies. Can you tell me a little more about Tuina and it's advantages?

Can I ask how much you charge?

Thanks
Wednesday 4 July 2007 8.39am
I know it's not in SE1 specifically, but I can't recommend the sports physio at Crystal Palace national sports centre enough...
Wednesday 4 July 2007 8.56am
Give Lucy a call on 0791 340 3448. She is a qualified masseuse with the NHS but also has private clients. I think she does sports therapy but not 100% sure. I would recommend her services. She is based in SE1 & travels to clients.
Wednesday 4 July 2007 1.43pm
Dear jw,

Tuina is the oldest recorded form of massage in the world and it originates in China. It forms one of the five main traditional therapies currently used in modern Chinese Medical practise - TCM (the others are acupuncture, herbal medicine, bone-setting an chi gung). Like these other forms of medicine it used a unigue diagnostic approach to traetment based on the energetic body and meridian line theory (commonly seen in the West in acupuncture). Through the application of massage and manipulation techniques, Tuina seeks to establish a more harmonious flow of energy (or Chi) through the system of channels and collaterals used in TCM, allowing the body to naturally heal itself. Tui Na methods include the use of hand and arm techniques to massage the soft tissue (muscles and tendons) of the body, stimulation of acupressure points to directly affect the flow of Chi energy through the system of channels and collaterals, and manipulation techniques to realign the musculo-skeletal and ligamentous relationships (bone setting). External herbal poultices, compresses and liniments are also used to enhance the other therapeutic methods as well as heated herbs (moxibustion) and suction cups placed generally on the back (cupping).

It's advantages over other treatment modalities is that due to the practitioners knowledge of the underlying TCM theory they can treat not just the symptoms, but the cause - this is termed 'root and branch' in Chinese medicine.

I generally use Tuina as an adjunct therapy to acupuncture, but it certainly stands on its own as a highly regarded therapy in its own right. All therapies are priced at the centre (allwellcentre.com - please excuse our website, still in development) at 40 per hour, but we're currently doing a 25% discount on initial consultations (including treatment) unil the end of August. Do give me a call if you think I can help, or email and I'll forward you our current brochure.

Very Best Wishes,

Glenn Cumiskey
m.07967 054 246
t.020 7357 7517
e. gcumiskey@yahoo.co.uk
Wednesday 4 July 2007 6.04pm
The personal trainer I use at Fitness First, also works for the in house physio company, and is qualified as sports massage (proper cert and all)

I personally, have not used him for sports massage (only PT), but he has been good professionally and friendly for PT

If you want the number give me a private message or just pop into Fitness first and ask for Rob Carney

Cheers
Saturday 7 July 2007 11.54am
Try Louise at thirtysevendegrees.
She is excellent.

Contact on 0207-2342500
Monday 9 July 2007 9.45am
We use someone who does massage at your desk - we have a chair. The individual concerned has broken his hand. Does anyone know of an experienced qualified person who can do chair massage?
thanks
Sue
Friday 4 September 2009 9.34am
Hello,

We own Snowsfields Wellness on Snowsfields. We have a sensational massage therapist working on Wednesday evenings at 7pm and 8pm. She will help any sport-related injury or discomfort.
Click here for more info.

Many thanks

m & t
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: