Any City Walk residents?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
PKM
Thursday 5 July 2007 8.54am
I've recently moved in and am wondering whether there is a residents association or any such grouping?
Thursday 5 July 2007 9.04am
There is a website http://www.citywalk-se1.co.uk
PKM
Thursday 5 July 2007 9.11am
Very helpful - thank you.
Thursday 5 July 2007 11.44am
Welcome to City Walk. Which block have you moved into? I'd be interested on your comments re. heat retention and lack of air-flow.
PKM
Thursday 5 July 2007 1.25pm
I'm in Vesta Ct. but only been there a couple of weeks so can't comment on the heat retention situation (yet). Although, I guess if you are feeling cold where you are right now, there must be an issue in your block. Haven't noticed problem with airflow but its certainly an echoey block so noise seems to travel.

Don't suppose you know where I can get a key to my electricity meter which is in the flat??
Thursday 5 July 2007 3.35pm
PKM

I'm in Vesta Court too. It took me three months to find the electricity meter. They are in the basement in a locked room. You need a FB1 key (fire brigade 1) to open the door. They are available from any locksmith.

Citywalk-se1 website. I've registered three times with different e-mail addresses and I still have not received an activation e-mail. Does anyone know who the admin is? You can't even e-mail the admin on the site as you have to login to do so.

Heat retention. It's always warm in my flat. I guess that is down to the good insulation and the fact the hall lights are on 24 hours a day! Why the didn't put movment sensors in is beyond me.

MF
PKM
Thursday 5 July 2007 3.56pm
MF - thanks for the tip re electricity meter. I thought it was the box in the water cylinder cupboard - now I'm curious to know what that is?!

I too tried to register on the City Walk site and have not had an activation email - strange.
PKM
Thursday 5 July 2007 4.05pm
Philpotts24 wrote:
Welcome to City Walk. Which block have you moved into? I'd be interested on your comments re. heat retention and lack of air-flow.

Sorry, just realised you mean its too hot and not that you can't retain heat. In which case, I have to agree, it is warm in our flat too but have to say it seems to be the norm in modern blocks where the lights are always on and fire doors prevent air coming into the corridors. In my last place it was even worse! On the bright side, you'll find you don't need to turn on the heating much in winter.
Thursday 5 July 2007 5.33pm
I've been in Hestia House since May 2005, so I've spent 2 winters here. It's true that I rarely have to use the heating, but I do have to use a portable air-con machine for 7 months of the year! Galliard hid behind the legislation of the day, regarding insulation etc., stating that the buildings were all 'evermore energy efficient'! Yeah - right.

Never have I needed a heated towel-rail less, in my sauna of a bathroom, where I never close the door.

I totally agree about the movement sensors - I live in the middle of a corridor, between 2 firedoors, with 2 large fixed windows...south-east facing. Even on a cool, but sunny, day temperatures can be in the mid-80s.

White, Druce & Brown [our 'Managing Agents', lol] should be able to provide you with a key to the meter room - but the ironmongers are probably cheaper.

I'll have a word with the guy who runs the website - he's usually extremely good and only recently distributed flyers for the site, over the whole development, for the third time.

On the upside, there are some great people here :-)
PKM
Friday 6 July 2007 8.52am
That sounds pretty bad actually and don't think it feels that hot in Vesta.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: