Borough Market

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Sunday 24 August 2003 1.07pm
Borough market has to more than compensate for the lack of supermarkets in the area. - On Friday, the guy on the cookie/muffins stall was so pleasant and jovial, especially to the 5 children that were with me !! - The Spanish artisan food was excellent. A selecton of some of the lovely olives/cheese and bread from there can certainly make for a pleasant evening with a bottle of wine !!! - For once, in the hotel, I was fortunate enough to have a wonderful riverside view - on a summer's night ... - absolute bliss !!!!!!!!!!
Sunday 24 August 2003 1.37pm
the lack of supermarkets in the area !!!!!!!
There are 3 Tesco, 2 Marks and Spencer, 1 Safeway,
I Sainsbury (local) all within 10 minutes of Borough High St.
Not to mention 2 or 3 Icelands, 1 Lidl ( never been in it )
and numerous Costcutters.
I love Borough market for the aroma of fresh food and the
home made produce but for your main weekly shop there is an
excellent selection of stores within easy reach.
Sunday 24 August 2003 2.23pm
Sorry !!!!!- I usually stay at County Hall and have so far, not seen any Marks and Spencers, Tescos, Lidl etc. in the area, but maybe I'm mistaken. I usually like to do the riverside walk and get a few bits from Borough Market, rather than a weekly shop from there !!??! then walk back towards London Eye. Thank -you for putting me in the picture about the numeous supermarkets near Borough Market. I'll go to them, if I stay at that end. I'm just a visitor to the area, doing all the London museums and sights with the kids, and so not as knowledgeable. Also, because I'm often alone, with a group of children, some under 10, I like the traffic free walk up to the market. - So, thanks for correcting me - as those couple of glasses of wine, olives etc. are a crucial end to my day of trekking all over London !!!!
Sunday 24 August 2003 4.18pm
I notice that since last year, a new small convenience store has opened right oppositive County Hall - must be some moneyspinner.
Monday 25 August 2003 3.17am
When you stay at the County Hotel you won't be requiring anything from a supermarket like the rest of us need i.e. toilet paper, cleaning products or rubbish bags, they are the reasons we use the supermarkets, the non food items.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: