Weird animal noises at 1am

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 9 July 2007 7.59am
Anyone else hear the weird yelping/crying noise at around 1am this morning at the bottom end of Bermondsey St/Long Lane/Blue Lion Place area this morning? I'm guessing it was a fox, but it could have been a large bird as the sound moved around....it was quite odd! (P.S. - My wife also verified the noise, so I wasn't dreaming!)
Monday 9 July 2007 10.47am
you sure it was an animal?

on walking home once, I heard the most dreadfull screams. I called the police and they seatched the area and guessed it must have been a fox scream as they sound too human. it goes tehother way around too. you sure it was an animal?
Monday 9 July 2007 12.19pm
Foxes, when they're mating, make a quite unearthly noise, and there is a tribe (not sure of the correct collective noun!) of foxes that lives in the Leathermarket Park environs. Pretty sure that this is what you will have heard. When I still lived in Tyer's Gate, we were woken up one night by a noise that sounded like someone rubbing polystyrene but - on investigation - turned out to be a pair of foxes doing what comes naturally. We quickly averted our eyes, naturally!
Monday 9 July 2007 9.56pm
The collective noun for foxes is leash, although I have also heard talk of an earth of foxes and, for obvious reasons, a skulk of foxes.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: