Independent Surveyor?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 9 July 2007 3.23pm
Hi, I currently have a shared ownership flat that I wish to buy outright. In order to do this the housing association, who currently a % of the flat, say that I need to get a 'open-market' valuation survey report of the flat done by an independent surveyor. That is, the valuation has to be carried out by an independent surveyor, qualified as FRICS or MRICs, who is not attached to a lending organisation or to an estate agent. I am having great difficulty finding such a person because all the local surveyors seem to be attached to estate agents in one way or another. Can anyone help? Does anyone know anyone they could reccomend. The flat to be valued is in Borough. Thanks so much
Monday 9 July 2007 4.00pm
Try the RICS website . Type your postcode in the "find a surveyor" page & it will give you a list of all local RICS qualified Surveyors.

I hope that this is of some assistance.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network