Scratched wooden floor

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Wednesday 11 July 2007 12.27am
I had a wooden floor laid when I moved into my current place. It's walnut - supposedly hard-wearing, and with a lacquered finish to make it more durable. But it's already, in a matter of months, picked up all manner of scratches, dings and scuffs. I've previously been a carpets person, so I don't know much about maintaining a wood floor. Presumably there are various products I can apply to smarten the floor up where it's showing a few signs of wear and tear? What do I need, and where I can pick it up locally?
Wednesday 11 July 2007 8.45am
Is it actual hard wood or laminate? If it's real wood, it will, like all natural wood, get "used". That's rather nice.
Wednesday 11 July 2007 8.58am
if it's a gouge, try putting a drop of milk in , it makes the wood swell..try it on a non visible bit first, only if its real wood though..thats what they did in the ' old days'..
I have seen ' touch up' crayons in various colours B & Q i think..
Wednesday 11 July 2007 2.17pm
I have the same problems. My floors are laminate but have a real wood overlay which scratches very easily.

It is a new property and very frustrating.

Any ideas welcomed
Wednesday 11 July 2007 2.24pm
Liberon touch up crayons...all colours for

knew i'd seen them somewhere..
Wednesday 11 July 2007 3.05pm
Longlaner - sorry I don't have any wise advice but was wondering where you got your flooring from and who put it down for you as am looking to do similar. Thanks.
Wednesday 11 July 2007 7.43pm
The floor is real wood with a lacquer finish. Definitely not laminate. I'll follow up the tips. Cheers!
Wednesday 11 July 2007 11.16pm
Anyway it shouldnt be laquered, you should POLISH real wood.
Wednesday 11 July 2007 11.29pm
Fair enough, but it came lacquered.
Thursday 12 July 2007 8.39am
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: