Elephant Progress

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Thursday 12 July 2007 5.23pm
So, true to previous promises, I am here going to update you to some degree about Elephant matters.
a)The Development Partner WILL be announced on 24th July, (I'm invited to a party and a press conference to celebrate same, so this looks serious).
b)Elephant Friends will take off (The are printing me some nice posters and re-doing the website which has, for some inexplicable reason, died).
c)The Mayor has given the OK and taken the brakes off TFL for the filling in of the underpasses.
So, my dears, aside from the shrouding of Castle House and the preparation of the Volvo site and the completion of Wansey Street and Stead Street....we are passing GO!
Thursday 12 July 2007 10.50pm
Is that a case of "Pass Go, do not collect 200"?
PJ
Friday 13 July 2007 11.36am
Great news Jackie. Do we have any dates for the removal of the underpasses?
Friday 13 July 2007 11.56am
Underpasses TBA. We have a big launch party on 25th July and I will button hole the Mayor and try and squeeze a date out.
PJ
Friday 13 July 2007 3.43pm
I hope that the launch will garner lots of positive publicity for Elephant. However I do think that it would be good to pin them down to dates for things happening as much as possible.
Friday 13 July 2007 4.59pm
Quote:
We have a big launch party on 25th July and I will button hole the Mayor and try and squeeze a date out.

Jackie,

I am so pleased you will be dating the Mayor. It should help us get progress on Elephant. Say Hi from us all.

kevin
Friday 13 July 2007 5.47pm
I should look! As if...
Wednesday 18 July 2007 7.26am
Just to let you all know...went to a very grown up seminar about the Regeneration last night (I say "grown up" because all the grand architects (the Wansey Street one, the Multiplex one and the new LCC building one) got up and gave us powerpoint talks with LOTS of long words about their plans with whizzy graphics and so on. BUT it must be said, there was a palpable air of excitement as everyone drew a deep breath and understood that it's actually happening. Stand by for ten years of bulldozing, but our area is going to be unrecognisable. For better or worse,I hasten to add. The fear of yuppification cannot be discounted. Can we keep the balance between the old and the new? Do we need to? Comments!!
Wednesday 18 July 2007 7.53am
Jackie

Is any of this latest material available to view online or anywhere else? Was this seminar public and advertised by the way?

Thanks

Renie
Wednesday 18 July 2007 8.24am
Not sure, I will check. It's all very new and squeaky clean. The Multiplex one has started and Wansey Street is already built, so I would suspect, through the Elephant & Castle Regeneration site you might get to them. Make Architects are the LCC architects, Firstbase are the London Park Hotel architects, so try and look at their websites.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: