Freecycle Southwark

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
daniela9uk Monday 16 July 2007 11.24am
Ruth Elleson Monday 16 July 2007 10.55pm
Fantastic!

I'm a great fan of Freecycle but the London group can be just too big (and I'm sure there are some professional responders poised with a finger on the mouse to respond to EVERY "offered" ad.

Off to sign up for the Southwark group!
daniela9uk Tuesday 17 July 2007 7.21am
Yeah, I am a member of Lambeth and Lewisham groups but they are very big. The Southwark group is not very lively yet, but it only started end of June. I hope and believe that within few weeks it will be as active as Lambeth one.
I love freecycle.
connie Tuesday 17 July 2007 9.20am
I registered too. I used freecycle a couple of years ago but I could not cope with the amount of emails received everyday and then I coud not be bothered to go on the website, so I just stopped using it. With all the charity shops down in Walworth Road at least you know where your donations go.
pros Sunday 20 July 2008 4.52pm
Dear Everyone

On Saturday 2nd August 12-3.30pm, we will be hosting the first Southwark Freecycle Event in Castlemead, SE5 OED (corner of Camberwell Road and Wyndham Road), as part of the Castlemead Family Day.

What to do:

If you have item or items you would like to donate, it would be brilliant if you could do this between Monday 29th July and Friday 1st August. This would give us an idea of the volume and allow us to ensure we have enough stalls ready. Please contact me to arrange date and time for delivery. Alternatively, turn up on Saturday between 10 and 11.30.

If you do not have anything to donate this time round, just come along for the event to have fun!

What to bring:

Bring only smallish items in good condition which can be easily carried by hand or on a bus such as, for example
- books
- DVDs
- CDs
- clothes (childrens', adult)
- bric-a-brac
- jewellery
- bedding/cushions
- picture frames/pictures/posters
- stationery/artists' materials
- decorating tools and materials (non-electrical)
- any other non-electrical household goods
- non-electronic musical instruments which are easy to carry
etc

What not to bring:

- electrical goods large or small
- furniture
- food/drink
- large bulky items of any kind

At the moment, we do not have the facility to take electrical goods or large items, but, as we are planning to have the events on a regular basis, it is very likely that we will be able to do this in the future.

Getting there:

Castlemead is on the corner of Camberwell Road and Wyndham Road and it is easily accessible by any of the buses going between Camberwell Green to Elephant and Castle (12, 35, 40, 42, 45, 68, 171, 176, 468)

If at all possible, avoid using your car, as Camberwell Road is very busy at best of times and there is virtually no parking available in the nearby streets.

How you can help:

If any of you would like to spend some time (half an hour or longer) helping out on the stalls, please let me know as soon as you can.

The whole event will be a fun-packed day, with children's artwork exhibition, facepainting and a raffle, so come along for a browse and have fun!

See you all in a couple of weeks

Liliana Dmitrovic
beetroot Sunday 20 July 2008 7.17pm
I got my sofa from Freecycle southwark. It's a huge Ikea 3-seater in perfect condition. The owner just moved round the corner and the sofa's too big for the flat. Me and a mate carried it round here in ten minutes. It's fantastic. freecycle works brilliantly.
I also got a huge rat cage from another borough.
gluv999 Sunday 3 January 2010 2.29pm
Wanted:weights/dumbell bench with adjustable back.
If anyone has one they want to get rid of that would be great!

Regards,

gareth
dionne manikiza Saturday 1 May 2010 4.54pm
I am in need of a fridge freezer, as mine is on its way out. a gas cooker, and a sofa i live in se1 if anyone out there has any of these items it would be very much appretiated. reguards dionne
beetroot Sunday 2 May 2010 7.51pm
gareth and dionne I think you might have posted in the wrong place. This isn't Freecycle. It's a local community sight and this old thread is about Freecycle.
Freecycle still exists but the old members and mods are now Freegle.
Freegle Southwark is here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/southwark_freegle/messages
and the Freegle main site is here:
http://www.freegle.org.uk/

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions