Tower Bridge Dry Cleaners - too pricey

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7
S
Friday 29 August 2003 8.35am
I don't like to say avoid a local business, but my advice is to avoid the the dry cleaner's on Tower Bridge Road near the junction with Grange Road. (I normally use the ones on the other side of Tower Bridge Road, on the right heading towards Elephant and Castle, just near Manzis, and have always been happy with their service).

The Tower Bridge Dry Cleaners

a) have no set tariffs and just make it up as they go along
b) are purely a cash business
and c), in my experience at least, are exorbitantly expensive. Having just had curtains done there it would have been cheaper for me to buy new ones.

At least make sure you're absolutely clear of the costs before you engage in a transaction.

Anyway, I won't be going back.

Simon

Friday 29 August 2003 2.17pm
I don't have any experience with Tower Bridge Dry Cleaners, we use The Laundry Box on Mill Street. The last time I used them for a bridesmaid dress and they did a pretty good job of it, not the cheapest, but I don't think they will rip you off, I believe they also do collections and delivery if you really want to put your feet up.
Thursday 4 September 2003 8.39am
I couldn't agree more.

I dropped a spare duvet into be cleaned. It cost 17. I dont' think the duvet cost that much in the first place.

I dont' have prices from other place to compare but I thought it was a bit much.

Ger
Thursday 4 September 2003 10.00am
The one by Manzes is fantastic....

good prices and they will go the extra mile in emergencies

to clarify it is the one by Barclays that is crap.
S
Thursday 4 September 2003 2.40pm
Yep, it's the one near Barclays to avoid.

As a post-script, my curtains are now about five inches shorter than they were when I dropped them off, and, in addition, my suspicion is that they weren't dry-cleaned at all but simply washed and dried in the standard fashion.

Never going there again!
Sunday 8 July 2007 10.19pm
Apologies for reawakening a thread from nearly four years ago (!), but does anyone have more recent experience of Tower Bridge Dry Cleaners and any strong views about the quality and/or value for money of their work?
Sunday 8 July 2007 10.21pm
I think they are very good. Have had trousers/suits cleaned and also trousers turned up. Seems good value to me.
Monday 9 July 2007 8.22pm
I use them all the time for cleaning and alterations and they're reasonable and very good.
Tuesday 10 July 2007 1.53am
dave baker wrote:
The one by Manzes is fantastic....
good prices and they will go the extra mile in emergencies
That is Crystal Dry Cleaners and I can vouch for them too. Service is great and the owner, who is an Afghan refugee turned London resident - is a neighbourhood gem. He gets to know the customers and really goes the extra mile for you. Its people like that who make Bermondsey a fantastic neighbourhood.
Tuesday 10 July 2007 3.03pm
I have to agree with original comment. Avoid dry cleaners next to Barclays at all cost

I had orange (!) cushions dry cleaned there. They managed to mix it with black from another wash and ruined them. Ruining them, I can just about accept, but the worst thing was they turned them inside out and hid them under a couple of jumpers I was collecting !

Untrustworthy!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
Current: 1 of 7

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: