Elephant Regeneration Partner

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Sunday 22 July 2007 12.43am
Developer chosen for Elephant regeneration leaked in today's Sunday Times!

Aussies will do up the pink Elephant
Jenny Davey
AUSTRALIAN property giant Lend Lease is tipped to win the right to carry out a 1.5 billion plan to transform the rundown Elephant & Castle in south London into 170 acres of smart flats and shops.

[please link to articles on other sites rather than copying and pasting in their entirety - JH]

Related news & features

Monday 23 July 2007 2.13pm
Article in today's Standard says Lend Leese is the front runner but that if Mowden lose they will hold up the regeneration unless offered some sort of partnership.

Can you check on this latest suggestion of delaying the whole regeneration package Jackie?
Monday 23 July 2007 2.35pm
We will get the decision tomorrow when, also, I land in London, will do my best to find out what's the score on this matter.
Tuesday 24 July 2007 11.36am
There is a formal announcement in today's Standard that Lend Leese have been awarded the regeneration contract and an article about their plans.
Tuesday 24 July 2007 11.54am
St Modwen have just issued this statement to the stock exchange.....

Tuesday 24 July 2007 12.10pm
Thanks for posting that. Any thoughts on the choice of developer?
Tuesday 24 July 2007 12.15pm
Here's our story.

Lots more material to add, so the article will change substantially over the next hour.

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Tuesday 24 July 2007 12.25pm
God dont ask me PJ...I only live here! lol

To be honest the amount of information given to residents has not been sufficient in my mind to make any judgement on a preferred bidder and therefore I have to trust Southwark Council's judgement on this one!

It would have been nice if there had been more exhibitions and consultations (such as the recent 'Renaissance' stand) along the very VERY long road to this decision, but hopefully Lead Lease will take that on board going forward.....
Tuesday 24 July 2007 2.38pm

More info on the decision on the E&C website.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: