Site in Grange Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Tuesday 24 July 2007 10.13am
Dear All,

Does anybody know if there are any future plans for the site on Grange road between Page's Walk and Crimscott Street?

Thank you.
Wednesday 25 July 2007 2.11pm
Don't know, but call Southwark planning office and/or look up who owns the site at the Land Registry website.
Friday 27 July 2007 1.22am
newresident -

Did you manage to find out anything about this site?

Monday 30 July 2007 2.44pm
It used to be a petrol station that shut about five years ago. The site was cleared three eyars ago, and it is to be turned into council housing to accommodate the (presumably ghastly) residents from the ghastly Aylesbury estate (in Walworth) when that is redeveloped. Call me a snob, but since St Mungo's bought the hostel on the corner of Crimscott Street which is a hang out for crackheads, and the proposed student accommodation at the old Clement & Foster printers, the area is not going to benefit!

Look at the Southwark website under Aylesbury regeneration.
Monday 30 July 2007 5.42pm
The Mapmaker wrote:
Look at the Southwark website under Aylesbury regeneration.

I have, but I can't see anything which specifically identifies the Grange Road site for development. Would you be so kind as to post the link?
Tuesday 31 July 2007 9.44am
Just copy and paste the following phrase into google

aylesbury grange road
Tuesday 31 July 2007 2.37pm
Mapmaker,thank you for this.

Please find attached the document:

At page 4 of the above document: "Tenants located in ‘Little Bradenham' and Red Lion Close will move to a new-build property at one of four sites near the current estate that are expected to be completed by the end of 2008 (see diagram below).
They also have the option or moving to an existing
council property through the council's Homesearch

The four sites are:
Site one: Lynton Road/Falcon Works - On Lynton Road opposite Stevenson Crescent.
Site two: Southampton Way/Bricklayers Arms - On Southampton Way in between
Rainbow Street and Bonsor Street.
Site three: Samuel Street/Daniel Gardens - Between Samuel Street and Daniel Gardens.
Site four: Grange Road - On Grange Road between Crimscott Street and Page's Walk.

But this does not mean that council houses will be built. Site four could possibly be a new high spec development with affordable housing scheme (like the one in SPA road).
Tuesday 31 July 2007 2.57pm
Does anyone know if any planning applications have been made for the site. They will have to start building pretty soon to get a new block finished by the end of 2008
Tuesday 31 July 2007 6.11pm
Thanks Mapmaker.

I'd assume that the new buildings are going to be mixed tenure (social, affordable, market) unless there is anything to the contrary in the documents. Certainly the replacement housing for the Heygate Estate is mixed tenure as far as I am aware (for example, the planned block of flats just off Thorburn Square).
Wednesday 1 August 2007 11.47am
The impression I had - which may well be eroneous - was that demolition - and rebuilding - of the Aylesbury was going to cause a short-term severe Council housing shortage in Southwark and that these four replacement sites would be 100% Council.

The rebuilt Aylesbury will provide many more units than previously so will be a mix of the three types of housing you mention.

I did try to find out how long the Aylesbury regeneration was expected to take, but to no avail. 10 years?
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: