8 Lynton Road

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 27 July 2007 7.03am
http://www.a-r.co.uk/ResultsLast.aspx

The old Southwark Council building on lynton rd was sold at auction last week for £1,010,000.

It has no planning permission as yet but will be interesting to see what developers do to it.

I thought it quite cheap for 600 sq m of freehold land in SE1. You could build one amazing house there!!
Friday 27 July 2007 9.36pm
Is this the site almost on the corner of Dunton Road?
Monday 30 July 2007 1.34pm
yup. Single story building, painted red.
Thursday 6 November 2008 1.11pm
London & Quadrant Housing Trust has submitted a request for an environmental impact assessment screening opinion for a proposed development comprising "a maximum of 30 residential units arranged over buildings of a maximum of five storeys in height". Details here

Editor of the London SE1 website.
Subscribe to our SE1 Direct weekly newsletter.
Saturday 15 November 2008 10.35pm
There are two sites practically opposite each other on Lynton Road at the Dunton Road end. One is a building site where foundation work is being carried out and the other is 8 Lynton Road,a single storey building with red shutters. Does anyone know what they are building on the first site?
Tuesday 19 April 2011 12.05pm
Does anyone know what is going on there? The nice cherry trees were cut down a few weeks ago and now the ground has been cleared.
Saturday 4 June 2011 11.45am
In my humble opinion, if the property was sold in open market / auction then it is all fair and square and the council managed to get the best possible price for the asset.
What I am curious about is the fact that Southwark Council reserved and then sold four sites subject to planning (in reality with FULL PLANNING PERMISSTION)!???????
“G.C. Bankside LLP, a 50/50 joint venture partnership between Native Land and Grosvenor, has acquired four sites totalling 46,000 sq ft for £4 million in the Bankside area of the London Borough of Southwark”

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: