Tribeca Square (Oakmayne Plaza)

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 20
TAK
Sunday 29 July 2007 12.35pm
I thought for ease of use and to aviod confusion, it might be best to now start a seperate thread for this project.....hope this is ok.

Here is current site pic:
Oakmayne Plaza July 2007

Not much has been happening since demolition of Volvo garage.
I heared a new planning application has been submitted, which would explain a lot.
I believe the difference is that basically each building will be two to three stories taller than what's currently approved. Also, what was the hotel is now to become student accomodation. I believe the planned office space has now been replaced with further flats.

Does anyone know more?
Sunday 29 July 2007 3.08pm
Just know the same info. Hotel is gone as are the offices. They are looking to go higher because of the Strata and Rogers building. Interested in hearing any info on this development as may be looking to buy an apartment there.
Sunday 29 July 2007 5.39pm
Bloody hell, and we NEED a hotel here...I'm livid.
Sunday 29 July 2007 10.13pm
what a shame! maybe i should enrole at south bank uni........cheaper than buying a place in the same development! lol
Monday 30 July 2007 4.23pm
Long talk to the Oakmayne big cheese.
a)they now feel that the hotel will not be viable. I dispute this. They have not been able to attract the sort of hotel chain they wanted (ie a serious multiple). This is, I suspect, because of the ongoing image of the E&C. THis will change, but it may be too late to put in a hotel by then. Will address this matter
b)INdeed the whole North Tower is going to be student accommodation. Oakmayne hastened to add that this will be MANAGED student facilities, not just a lot of students bunking up. This is in response to both LCC and Kings never mind LSBU who are all desperate for student space. How do we feel about this?
c)extra height - only three meters so not significant.
Monday 30 July 2007 7.28pm
I'm surprised someone like Travelodge weren't interested, they're not usually too fussy about where they put their hotels!

A student hall of residence doesn't sound a bad proposition. From my experience of living in one they tend to be well managed and not a source of noise pollution or antisocial behaviour. And at least the population will only be semi-transient.

I think a hotel would have been preferable though.
Monday 30 July 2007 7.56pm
I agree, Zappomatic. Will be meeting Mr. Oakmayne tomorrow and will report.
Monday 30 July 2007 8.53pm
I agree and would add that the original plans including the hotel seemed really positive for the "destination" theme of the regeneration of the area and the Plaza as a design suits that purpose.

There is and will be a very large rooted community at the E+C, an attractive hotel can only add.

I am all for more student accomodation but maybe the Plaza is not the best space for it.
Monday 30 July 2007 10.09pm
does anyone know who is developing the site next to Amano in Clink St. are they being marketed yet?
I was told there is a string of retail shops going is on the ground floor?
Tuesday 31 July 2007 6.36am
Did anyone watch Dispatches last night? it was thought provoking to say the least. The scheming that developers use to build new developments, and how they get councils on their side with a few ' donation's'.

One very nice street in Stoke I think it was, were told the houses were not safe due to being built on 'Made up' ground
what ever that may be? The row of houses that had stood for decades in a working class area opposite a very nice park view had suddenly developed a ' structural fault' oddly enough the identical houses around the corner from the park did not suffer from the same problem!

Also showed the hideous new builds that cost 300,000 up that had doors that did not shot,windows at an angle despite being approved by the NHBC ( may not have the initials right!) but some approved organaisation for house building.. plus rooms like shoe boxes!
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ...LastNext
Current: 1 of 20

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: