Dodgy Planning Scams, Andrew Gilligan's Programme on Ch.4

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Monday 30 July 2007 7.26pm
Holy smoke!!! Did anyone see this programme on Ch.4 tonight? All about the scams run by St.George to get planning permission? Bloody hell! Just confirms everything I've ever said!
Zoe
Monday 30 July 2007 8.04pm
The incident where the meeting was bugged was amazing, we all think that private developers really will stop at nothing, and I think this proves it.
Monday 30 July 2007 8.23pm
I want to work for them now. All the glamour of the James Bond spy action and probably on much better pay! Just goes to show where there's money to be made, there's dirty dealing to be done.

http://takemystuff.co.uk <-- free stuff and get rid of your unwanted stuff
Tuesday 31 July 2007 7.06am
It's truly sickening, and despite my having written on this Forum ad nauseam about the jiggery pokery which I SUSPECTED - obviously I'm not a journalist with camera men and so on - the method of supporting election campaigns was always something I suspected and even wrote..and got a lot of stick about libel and so on. And there it all was on the screen. Thank you Andrew Gilligan for confirming my suspicions. But all in all it's a sad comment on the unlimited corruption of the developers.
Wednesday 1 August 2007 12.21pm
They've hired Carter-Ruck solicitors who have warned the media not to repeat the allegations... a google search suggests newspapers have pulled all mentions of this programme off the web except the Financial Times....

Carter-Ruck is a firm familiar to any readers of Private Eye magazine. I hope Private Eye will be covering this story if there is substance to any of Gilligan's assertions and implications.
Wednesday 1 August 2007 12.53pm
I did not see the programme, but noted in a report about it that there was no suggestion in it that St George management were actually aware of the rigging of 'support' from local residents for their scheme - and please don't interpret that remark as me defending such tactics...!
Wednesday 1 August 2007 1.42pm
I wish I had seen that program.
Wednesday 1 August 2007 3.55pm
I think it can be watched on 4OD (Channel 4 archived programming thingy... free access to programmes from the last 7 days and pay-as-you-go for other programmes).

http://www.channel4.com/4od/index.html
Wednesday 1 August 2007 4.17pm
Methinks the developers do protest too much...the fact that they've got the wind up and hired solicitors so quickly leads one to think that they're feeling they've been rumbled. Never mind the report I read that they're being hauled over the coals for sneaking about 20% more flats into Imperial Wharf than they were actually given permission for (Mira Bar Hillel in the Evening Standard some weeks ago). Honestly....I'm not surprised, yet I'm surprised if you know what I mean..
Wednesday 1 August 2007 6.42pm
Be grateful the planning situation isn't as bad as China as I've just seen it on Channel 4 news- whole villages bulldozed for shopping malls, car lots, no questions asked. If the residents protest that their community will be destroyed and that they will have no way to earn a livelihood anymore then busloads are heavies are sent round to (literally) crack heads. Nasty.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: