Local photographic printers

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Monday 30 July 2007 8.27pm
Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum but i've been finding this site a great help in my first few months here in London, especially the really useful links to Mac repairs by Boss St Bloke.
I have a question for my first post. Does anyone know of a good photographic printers in the SE1 area? I'm not looking for a Snappy Snaps however. I am a photographer and I'm looking for a local company i can strike up a friendly working relationship with.
Advice much appreciated.
Thanks,
Occam
Monday 30 July 2007 8.52pm
Hi mate

I have walked past this place a few times and they always seem to be busy - however, I am not really an expert, but they may fit your requirements...

Downtown Darkroom

Usual caveats - don't work for 'em!

BsB
Tuesday 31 July 2007 9.06am
Thanks for the quick reply BsB. I'll have a walk over and check them out.

Occam
Tuesday 31 July 2007 11.12am
Occam

Please report back if you find somewhere good.

Thanks

Renie
Tuesday 31 July 2007 5.57pm
Also, I walk past "hobs" on Tower Bridge every night on the way home from work.

Popped in and spoke to the guy behind the counter - they are looking for local customers to set up accounts. He said walk in and have a chat with the manager.

Website is here.
Tuesday 31 July 2007 6.16pm
I have personally used Metro for pro-quality photographic printing. They are a short hop over the river in Farringdon and send bikes wherever. Not the cheapest, and they mess up like any lab <sigh>, but they are widely used in the industry. They also sell pro quality photographic film etc at the weekends, which can be handy if you're caught short.
www.metroimaging.co.uk
(no connection with them btw, I'm just an occasional client)
Wednesday 1 August 2007 12.38pm
Hobs are very good for desktop publishing type stuff, my company has used them (a different branch though) for years and now has them formally contracted. large company but individual service from the branches.

Hobs are by appointment to the Queen in fact!
Saturday 4 August 2007 7.31pm
Hi Occam,

I know of a very good photographic printers, but unfortunately its not in SE1 area it's in EC1R area.

If I'm allowed to name the place could someone let me know.

Steve
Saturday 4 August 2007 11.16pm
Steve,

Yes, you can name the printers, but be upfront if you have any connection with them.

Chris
Monday 6 August 2007 9.42pm
The shop I have uses is Panther imaging, the website there website is

www.panther-imaging.co.uk

On the occasion I have used them they have always been very professional and know there stuff.

Good luck,

Steve

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: