Where to buy kitchen appliances around SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
se1guy Saturday 4 August 2007 6.41pm
Hi everyone,

I'm new to SE1 (and to England) and was wondering where in SE1 or abouts can I find
stores which have good deals/sales on kitchen appliances, e.g. microwave, toaster oven (mini oven), etc... ?

Will appreciate any information/tips.

Thanks!
Josh.

Advertisement

Zoe Sunday 5 August 2007 7.22am
I'm presumbing that you don't just want to order everything online? It would probably be easier that way. I would still try online sites to compare prices.

Try argos.co.uk, as there is a store on Walworth Road so easy to get to. Also, comet.co.uk and currys.co.uk, both based on Old Kent Road.

You might also want to try tesco.co.uk, as they do electricals, though it's unlikley the larger items would be in the steore, and you would need to order online.

If you are looking for second hand, there are charity shops on Walworth Road, and the British Heart Foundation have a shop on Old Kent Road selling electrical goods.

You might to also try Freecycle and Gumtree, as people often give this sort of stuff away.
Loupylou Monday 6 August 2007 12.14pm
THE best shop by far that I know of is in The Cut. I'm sorry I don't know the name of it, but you can't miss it cos it's not a very long street, & it always has china and stuff outside on the pavement.

It's on the RHS as you walk away from the Old Vic down to Blackfriars Rd.

It's really good value and good quality stuff and nice people running it.
Support your small local businesses !
suziq Monday 6 August 2007 3.15pm
The shop in The Cut is called Southbank Glass & China. It has all kitchen / household stuff such as pots & pans, cutlery, china, kettles, glass etc and lots more, but no large white goods. As loupylou says, really nice people and very helpful.
eileen20 Tuesday 7 August 2007 6.27am
I know its not in SE1 the best for everything Is John Lewis(oxford st) you can also buy on line

They are "never knowlingly undersold" which mean si f you find it cheaper in another store,- not online, they will refund the difference. But with JL you get extended warranties !

To post a message, you must be a registered user. If you are already registered, please log in.

Subscribe now

For the latest local news and events direct to your inbox every Monday, you need our weekly email newsletter SE1 Direct.

7,300+ locals read it every week. Can you afford to miss out?

Read the latest issue before signing up

Also on the forum

Views expressed in this discussion forum are those of the contributors and may not reflect the editorial policy of this website. Please read our terms and conditions