Grass cuttings in SE1?

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 7 August 2007 12.03pm
Hi there,

This is my first posting to the discussion board, so hello everyone!

My pet guinea pigs love eating grass but alas I live in a flat. I was wondering if any reader had a lawn that they cut regularly, and if so could I have the use of their cuttings?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Thursday 9 August 2007 11.02am
The only this is Paul, if the garden grass is contaminated with fox or some other animal faeces it may hurt him..
Thursday 9 August 2007 11.44am
Go to the local park and do some weeding and take the grass back home. See gorilla gardening thread (presumably long arms make it easier to reach the weeds?)
Thursday 9 August 2007 12.45pm
Hiya, just one worry. If the grass is cut by mower it may well be contaminated with petrol/oil.
Thursday 9 August 2007 3.41pm
How about growing your own in a cat litter tray (new!) my grand-daughter stuffed a pair of tights with soil and grass seed and made a weird catterpillar for a school project.watering it every day...
Thursday 9 August 2007 5.12pm
How about getting packs of cat grass and growing that - it's easily grown in a small pot and sprouts really quickly. You can buy it in supermarkets / B&Q etc.
Friday 10 August 2007 1.01pm
Thanks everyone for your help - I forgot the grass could be contaminated so I'll try the home-grown solution.

PS. Impressed by the Guerilla Gardening site, but not sure if I'm brave enough!

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: