Guerrilla Gardening in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3
Wednesday 8 August 2007 8.36pm
The homepage of the Guerilla Gardening website now has some lovely recent photos of the blooming guerilla gardens that this group of green-fingered rascals has planted in SE1:
Thursday 9 August 2007 11.33am
Well, I think it's really great stuff and I'm seriously considering signing up.
What a terrific alternative to moaning about how nothing ever gets done and getting off our arses and making a difference! Hurrah!
Thursday 9 August 2007 12.43pm
I think I'll throw a handful of seeds around the tree base near the bus stop..I used to lob clumps of earth onto the verges of the dual carriageways, lupins etc.,
Thursday 9 August 2007 7.48pm
That's fantastic. I can't believe that they get trouble off Southwark council.. what harm can it do?

Does anyone know how one signs up?
Thursday 9 August 2007 11.28pm
Click on "Enlist".
Tuesday 9 October 2007 8.18am
FYI Guerilla Gardening is fundraising for future projects by selling cool lavender pillows, stuffed with lavender grown here in SE1:
Tuesday 9 October 2007 8.24am
bought one about a year ago with a different colour cover, yellow I think. It had an interesting hard bit inside it which I felt and decided was a screw which confirmed its urban identity. Not sure whether the screw inside was deliberate or not.The pillow smelt gorgeous.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 10.35am
How lovely! I've ordered two!
Tuesday 9 October 2007 11.03am
I may order another one or two myself since I can't find the one with the screw in and anyway the smell may have faded a bit over time. They do smell gorgeous though.
Tuesday 9 October 2007 3.47pm
Just ordered one. What a fab idea!
Pages:  1 2 3 Next
Current: 1 of 3

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: