Pancakes in SE1

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2
Sunday 12 August 2007 12.29pm
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent place for pancakes for breakfast in SE1, preferably around Tower Bridge? I discovered the rather pricey breakfast at Cantina at Butlers Wharf, which does fanstastic hotcakes, but I'm still after a pancake breakfast place for a lazy weekend morning.

Cheers, Jemima
Monday 13 August 2007 10.13am
Take 3 oz flour, beat in one egg, add 5 fl oz milk.

Fry bacon, add pancake mix and cook.

Eat.

Really not worth going out for...
Monday 13 August 2007 10.27am
Oh, harsh, harsh! Yes, I _could_ make them at home, but they taste so much better if you can pretend you're in some Canadian diner...
Monday 13 August 2007 12.29pm
Try The Table on Southwark Street. Not open on Sundays but can I highly recommend the pancakes with caramalised bananas. The corn fritters are excellent.
Monday 13 August 2007 5.01pm
Oh, that looks exciting. I didn't realise that building was open to the public. Two exciting opportunities in one! Thanks very much.
Saturday 18 August 2007 5.53pm
Just a follow up to this. We went down and checked out the pancakes, but were disappointed. The pancakes turned out to be single huge pancakes with incredibly sweet toppings. The eggs looked like they might be better, but I'm not sure I'll head over there again. Thanks for the tip, though, popism. If we do head over again, I'll check out the corn fritters.
Saturday 18 August 2007 10.56pm
Joe's on Marshalsea Road.
Monday 20 August 2007 3.34pm
Hi Jemima,

I have been on a similar mission myself with not so much success. The Garrison on bermondsey street serve pancakes with clotted cream and jam and maple syrup, but I personally find them too chunky and thick. They are the best and closest so far at least. I have heard a rumour about a good place on Borough High Street closer to the borough tube station end, but will need to investigate more. Also at the other end of SE1, there is a Giraffe by Waterloo Bridge who do pancakes but then of course Giraffe is like a posh McDonalds in the weekends with kids everywhere.

Let me know if you find out more!!

Cheers

Jenny
Monday 20 August 2007 4.43pm
If you are prepared to go north of the river (shhhhh) Tinseltown in St John St EC1 do a mean stack of pancakes. They're also open 24 hrs so when the urge for pancakes overcomes you...
Monday 20 August 2007 6.35pm
I read an article in the Metro recently about a new company called Creme de la Crepe that has apparently opened on Green Dragon Court by Borough Market.

It had good reviews in the paper although I haven't tried it out yet. The article said it did both sweet and savoury pancakes. The only downside is that I think it's a stall, rather than a restaurant where you can actually sit down.

No connection, etc

PS Just googled them and found that they're only open on Fridays and Saturdays, to co-incide with the market
Pages:  1 2 Next
Current: 1 of 2

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from:

Proud to belong to

Independent Community News Network