Free theatre at The Scoop

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Tuesday 14 August 2007 6.25pm
Once again we are fortunate to have the summer season of theatre at The Scoop - and it is Free!! Not much that's free in SE1, lol

I saw 'Helen of Troy', 10 days ago, which was delightful and, at only 1hr 15mins, just the right amount of time for sitting outside, on a coolish evening.

Over the last weekend, I visited 'Jungle Book'.... twice! It is for Children.....but I was not the only unaccompanied adult, singing along to all the old, familiar songs from Disney's film.

It lasts just over 1hr, and the first part is presented by Kipling himself [looking remarkably like Guy Pearce].

The staging, choreography and costumes are great - as is the enthusiasm and talent of the Company.

Go see - it's a great way to spend a summer's evening [when they return!].

One request - if you do go, particularly to Helen of Troy, please don't sit having endless 'conversations' during the performance. I came close to murder, that night, lol. Two local residents who really should have stayed at home.

Go - enjoy :http://www.morelondon.com/scoop.html
Wednesday 15 August 2007 8.00pm
yep I can throughly recommend both. Sadly through the jungle book we too had annoying group who where more interested in doing the crossword the paper than watching which made me wonder why they bothered coming but didnt let it spoil our enjoyment. It's events like these that amke me think this is why I love living in London!
Monday 27 August 2007 9.35pm
Only a couple of weekends left to see these great FREE [yes, FREE!] productions at The Scoop.

Sadly, they had to cancel a couple of shows last week, because of the lousy weather and the resulting damage to the set - but on Friday, Saturday and Sunday The Scoop 'Rocked' - well, Jungle-Boogied :-)

As well as seeing the fabulous Jungle Book, it's great to see both audience and bystanders with huge smiles, and gentle sways turning into full-blown-gyrations for the two most popular numbers. It's amazing how many adults know all the words, perfectly!

See the above link for details! You'll be glad you did.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: