Bermondsey Kitchen

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Friday 5 September 2003 8.39am
That place gets better. If that's possible. They now have half bottles of Innocente on the wine list which is delicious. But avoid the Tunisian wine which gave rise to a thick head, and was just too sweet and too alcoholic to be much fun.

Last night I had the most delicious pork chop I have ever eaten in my life, and that is really saying something. And it's ridiculously cheap too.

Go there, they had empty tables.
Friday 5 September 2003 8.51am
I was there too last night and had that same delicious pork chop! The wine we had, a 1999 St Emilion was very good. Very nice restaurant but very smoky whereas we asked for a non smoking table.
Friday 5 September 2003 8.56am
I've only been once but I was quite disappointed with the food - I took my mum there and the salad that came with her fish was really awful. One leaf of wilting boring lettuce, a tomato cut in half and no dressing. Sort of thing you'd expect in a motorway service station.
I'd be willing to give it a second try but I think I might stick with the Garrison.
S
Friday 5 September 2003 12.57pm
I had a delicious meal at the Bermondsey Kitchen the other night; I recommend it.

One complaint: that bottled tap water for bottled water is a complete rip-off.

Otherwise it was excellent.
Monday 15 September 2003 2.39pm
We are regulars and like the food, but they still have not got the customer service sorted out. Reception is poor - there doesn't seem to be any one person in charge, so staff are not sure whether you have been attended to and are waiting for a table, having a drink or waiting for a drink at the bar. Sometimes it takes several minutes to be noticed. Billing and payment is terribly slow. Drives my French partner with industry experience mad. They need a front of house manager.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: