Help! Mattresses required

Join in these discussions today! Log in or register.
Wednesday 22 August 2007 11.44am
Hi all

I've had such a great response to my previous ads I thought I'd call on your help for one last thing....as you may already know we're doing the opening show at the new Southwark Playhouse venue down at London Bridge and we're in desperate need of...

x2 SINGLE MATTRESSES

Can pick up anywhere but need them by tomorrow...

Do you have or do you know anyone who's looking to give away/sell a single mattress..?

Please let me know...alex.rodgers@yahoo.co.uk 07906 687774

Many thanks!
Alex
Production Assistant
Goat and Monkey
Wednesday 22 August 2007 2.16pm
Thinking a bit laterally you might try the management sections of letting agents or even people who supply bedding for rental property.

Inevitably different tenants want beds or want beds removed or even insist on a new matress. So landlords are forever buying beds or disposing of perfectly reasonable ones.

In fact I am picking up a IKEA double bed tonight - though it is in good nick so I might want a small payment for the matress.

One company I have used in the past who deliver new beds to rental properties within 24 hours are called Balham Beds. You might be able to pursuade them to give you a couple of old matresses if they are removing any. It would save them going to the tip.

The list of props gets ever more interesting. Sounds like an interesting play.
Wednesday 22 August 2007 3.53pm
Thanks Sarah, really useful info...yes all going well

Thanks a lot

Alex
Wednesday 22 August 2007 7.46pm
There are always lots of free mattresses being offered on freecycle:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/FreecycleLondon/

You would have to join the group (free) then look at the messages. If offered something, you have to go and collect.

To post a message, please log in or register..

Keep up with SE1 news

We have three email newsletters for you to choose from: